Why not use a Seal team?

the united states needs to quit playing the planet police :rulez:

I would agree but in this case its an AMERICAN they're holding.

Just read this, suppose any Seals are onboard?

"Defense officials say the USS Boxer, flag ship for a multination anti-piracy task force, will be nearby soon. They spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to publicly discuss sensitive ship movements.

The Boxer resembles a small aircraft carrier. It has a crew of more than 1,000, a mobile hospital, missile launchers and about two dozen helicopters and attack planes.

Last edited:
I would agree but in this case its an AMERICAN they're holding.

Just read this, suppose any Seals are onboard?

"Defense officials say the USS Boxer, flag ship for a multination anti-piracy task force, will be nearby soon. They spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to publicly discuss sensitive ship movements.

The Boxer resembles a small aircraft carrier. It has a crew of more than 1,000, a mobile hospital, missile launchers and about two dozen helicopters and attack planes.
wow talk about a response to a rubber boat full of pirates.. . :rofl: sorry but it is kind of funny.. figure a couple Apache gunships on station waiting to poke holes in the dingy? :)

If Obama gave the order he would say he gave the order.

like he pretended not to know about bonuses for AIG execs last month?

they are not going anywhere.....if you kill maybe the cat. gets out alive. if they agree to prison, and in return offer you the base they operate from and the other pirates....etc. that is even better.

this is chess, not checkers.

the united states needs to quit playing the planet police :rulez:

This situation is distinctly different from other police actions. You have a kidnapped US citizen being held hostage by foreign criminals. I say that agression is justified.

ok so:

splash splash splash: DING DONG:.. who is it? Hi its Evelyn the Avon Lady, is the lady of the house in?

now when they are looking at each other like WTF.... grab the skipper and dive overboard.. Apache launches hellfire missile and poof.. you got pirate souffle...

and if you like that idea... Here is a fun little diddy... (NOT WORK SAFE)

Last edited:
use a sub tender...at night, pull it over the boat that they are on, so no one (media)will see what's going on...and whatever happens, happens:beerchug:

Give em time to negociate the release. The pirates are stuck in a bad place; they can't get help and they can't run. The Navy has them square in their sights. Their only bargaining chip is the Captain. If they hurt him, they are dead and they know it.

Remember, the French just lost a hostage today when they stormed their ship being held.

its already working.....more pirates and pirate ships are heading to the area trying to help....do you think they have pictures of where those ships came from?

This situation is distinctly different from other police actions. You have a kidnapped US citizen being held hostage by foreign criminals. I say that agression is justified.

Originally I thought the same thing, except maybe xc700 is referring to the U.S. ship's presence there in the first place. From what I've read, somebody's presence is needed there, piracy running rampant like it is....resolution 1838 addresses this but enforcement has not been monitored perhaps?

Last edited:
Good luck to the captain, when and if it all goes down I hope he has the good sense to get the heck down and let gun fire resort the living from the dead.

saw pics of a similar lifeboat...fiberglass and fully enclosed. sink it and pluck out the captain, send out a few more of the lifeboats with seal teams on board for the other pirates to find.:thumbsup:

its already working.....more pirates and pirate ships are heading to the area trying to help....do you think they have pictures of where those ships came from?
pirate reinforcements? oh this is going to be a laugh... Ok warship... we got an RPG on board, you better leave now.. "Why shore thang thar mizter pirate... here have a missile or maybe a little phalanx action?

Say hi to my little buddy...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think at this point they are just looking for an opening to get the captain out safely. And I would put money on the SEALs being able to get him out unharmed if that's they way they choose to do it.

I find it funny that the other pirate ships are coming to "reinforce". The CWIS gun the Mr. B posted fires at a ridiculous rate of about 4500 rounds per minute. But that is the least of the pirate ships worries. It's the 5 inch gun or the Harpoon missiles they need to worry about. Those sink stupid ships.

Back