Why not use a Seal team?

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
To rescue that Captain held by pirates? I read they're asking for 2 million for his release but they're holding him on a small covered boat surrounded by US Navy warships to prevent him from being transferred to a larger ship. Once the Seals come up from underneath and rescue him they could do whatever is needed to prevent at least (those) pirates from doing it again.:thumbsup:

It would be nice if real life were like Splinter Cell....but we just don't take those risks with civilians.

we want 2 million and a 4hp outboard please... :rofl: something tells me the gig is up for those guys..

hope the captain gets out of this alive..

It would be nice if real life were like Splinter Cell....but we just don't take those risks with civilians.

Come on now, except for active military members, aren't we ALL civilians, worthy of protection by our military against our enemies? Come on Obama, issue the order!

We need a concrete reason to militarily re-engage Somalia. Unfortunately, the death of this Captain would serve that purpose.

Come on now, except for active military members, aren't we ALL civilians, worthy of protection by our military against our enemies? Come on Obama, issue the order!
Look at it from the other way, if he dies while we are engaged, who is going to be held responsible? Our media will make it look like we were careless, showboating, etc.

And Obama will say "I didn't give the order?" :whistle:

Look at it from the other way, if he dies while we are engaged, who is going to be held responsible? Our media will make it look like we were careless, showboating, etc.

And Obama will say "I didn't give the order?" :whistle:

If Obama gave the order he would say he gave the order.

Re-engage Somalia? I thought we were dealing with pirates, not Somali soldiers.

Considering that Somalia doesn't have anything we could call a government, these lawless people are representative of the Somali people. Furthermore, it is commonly accepted that a majority of these pirates were soldiers at one point in time.
The statement I made is not something I agree should happen, merely something that could be used for political leverage to support another incursion into that country.

I though I saw Cap post a few minutes ago in another thread Our Cap is being held, Just give does pirates a few busas and is a done deal :laugh:

Do you really think that seals could surface and subdue all these guys before one of them could pull the trigger on the captain?

sure, they're an elite fighting force, and i doubt there are any better on the planet, but theres no WAY they could do that in the half a second it takes to aim and fire. On one person, sure, but not a whole group of people.

i think the pirates know better than to mess with our captain...we're too diverse and they wouldn't want to be hunted by an army of busas

sure, they're an elite fighting force, and i doubt there are any better on the planet, but theres no WAY they could do that in the half a second it takes to aim and fire. On one person, sure, but not a whole group of people.
never say never... you got a couple guys in a rubber raft..they would end up dead before they heard the splash of the water.. only thing that needs done is the Captain ID'd before the strike so he would be spared.. I bet there are Seals with rebreathers and the gear to do the job just waiting to splash..

Chuck Norris is only alive because Jack Bauer does not want him dead... :rofl:

Back