why not D&D

joe0523

Registered
Im trying to figure out what pipe to put on my 07 and it seems that alot of people dont like the D&D slip ons but nobody says why they dont like them. I want a deep and loud sound, any suggestions?? If i had enough $$ i would probably go with the brock street megaphone but i dont think i want to spend that much. any help will be much appreciated.

I have D & D's on my 06 and love them. Nice deep sound but not too obnoxious. I will be getting it dyno tuned June 18 at Fuel Moto and he said that the pipes are fine. I have installed a dry nitrous kit and he will be mapping two different maps one for riding normal and one for when I run the nitrous. So I think its just a matter of opinion and my opinion is they sound and perform great!  
beerchug.gif

super.gif

D&D slipons are fine. Most just don't like how loud they are after a while. If you want loud, go for it, they sound fine.

The other school of thought is why spend that money on slipons when you could get a full system for a few hundo more.

I went with slipons in the beginning and ended up converting over to a full system...just like a lot of others do.

If price is an object and you know someone with a modicum of welding skill, you can take this route, totaling about $16 bucks and about two hours of work...

Mine are black now, but we welded an internal baffle in them, and those bastards scream... if obnoxious loud is your thing (sadly it is mine) and you want to sound like  a NASCAR on the highway...

Sorry in advance... it's not my flag...
7269d6cc5a0a49bd4666188413d5beab0_large.jpg

(Luvanicebum @ Jun. 03 2007,18:50) what did you use for a baffle?
1" washer, and some welding stock.

However, there was a guy at the Texas meet and greet that had some bad ass baffles on his bike.

If I can get a cable for my camera today, I will post up pics of the differences.

Back