Why go for the Hayabusa?

WarbirdII - Great reasons :thumbsup:

Evo2Busa - you learned on a Busa too? ha, way to cut out the bull**** and skip the THE **** :cheerleader:

Wel... its the only bike I have ever rode. so i had to get one. i got it because its built for speed AND comfort.

I went for the Busa because of it's size - i'm 6'3", 280lbs - when I sat on the smaller bikes it looked like a monkey humping a football. The ZX-14 felt too long.

V-squared - :rofl:

I was looking at the ZX-14 ... I was gonna buy it, but i thought "ehh, lets check that LAST dealership" I got there, and looked at the bikes, was like "damn, all the way across town" then a salesman grabbed me and said "We got a Hayabusa in the back, wanna check it out" I went back, it wasnt even done being put together. It was bigger than i expected, and my legs fit into the contours like it was meant to be... SOLD.

Every bike I've ever owned, after a while, I always found myself wishing I had something faster. I figured with a Busa, I'd cure that problem since they don't sell anything faster. Turns out I was right, problem solved! :thumbsup:

WarbirdII - Great reasons :thumbsup:

Evo2Busa - you learned on a Busa too? ha, way to cut out the bull**** and skip the THE **** :cheerleader:

Yes sir, I learned in a Busa. I didn't know nothing, i was scared about the gears and the clutch, how to shifted, I told u everything. Was funny because after I payed (I bought cash my first one) they told me, they want to give me my money back because their responsibility:please: in sell a bike to a person that never rode a bike. :lol: I took the key and by.

I bought it because it's clearly a "girl's bike" :laugh:

What she said :rofl:

I wanted to face a fear that I had of this particular bike since it came out!!!!
I like the symbol:whistle: too, and it is much more comfortable than the 600. I still like the 600 but, o nevermind I just liked the bike.

Wait I remembered one more reason. Because I like the SRT-10 and they don't make it anymore so since I can't have the fastest production truck, I have the fastest production bike, hands down better choice.

Last edited:
I walked into the dealership with two female friends of mine who were going to buy 600 and the Busa was in the showroom. It was the last 07 the dealer had. It was my favorite color, blue, and I was in the company of two females who kept boosting my ego. Long story short, I bought it that day. It wasn't my first bike, but it was my first "beast"

Like Gem, I'm 6'6 and 220. I love the sportbike look, feel, sound, etc.. I've wanted one since I saw my first Ninja when I was about 8. Had a 650s years ago and this time I decided I'd get what I really wanted since I had to $$ to pay for it. Wanted a 750, but too small, sat on a busa and it was game over. Went to my bank the same dame and got a loan.

Performance, looks, functionality & performance. Did I mention performance?

Bosshound and I took a ride just the other day and I swear everywhere we went it was "Hey those are them there Hayabusas arn't they?" "Are they really as fast as they say they are?" Everyone from the Harley guys in the restaruant parking lot to the CHP at a DUI checkpoint, even at one rest stop a fisherman got his camera out of his car and came over for a photoshoot. He was very excited "Wow! two Hayabusas, mind if I take some pics?"

Do any of us ever tire of this attention?

People go gah gah over the Busa, I got the gray/silver hoping to not command so much attention, like a neon orange 08. boy was I wrong, I even kept the stock cans to keep it quiet, but the harleys with there 100000 decible pipes where breaking there necks looking, a few about wrecked, out here in the backwoods you NEVER see a big superbike, let alone a famous/infamous Hayabusa, and it being ran by a 17 year old, made people flip. :laugh:

I know how I am, anything else and I would want something faster within a month or so.

PROBLEM SOLVED :cheerleader:

Like many others I got it because Im a big guy, 6'2 250lbs - and it fits ! I couldnt ride a 1000 or 600 I'd look like an elephant fu*%ing a football ! The other reason - the Hayabusa's an ICON ! It has been for 10 years and will continue to be. Anyone who knows bikes recognizes it and knows what its all about. 1 Bad Ass motorcycle !:thumbsup:

I bought mine just to tell the the people who drive the souped up hot rods, " I have a little 1.3 ltre four cyclinder that will clean your clocks".

Long story short, I like it, I wanted it, went through a divorce and bought it.

I previously owned a 94 ninja zx-6. i personally like a bigger bike and not a tiny little nothing. My old zx6 was a 500lb carbureted bike. I needed to get away from carbureted and the zx-14 and the hayabusa were the only thing id get. not necessarily for the power reason just because its a beefy bike. not a toy bike. I LOVE my hayabusa and should have gotten it long ago. amazing bike really and i love it and the endless modifications i can do to it. :thumbsup:

Back