why does my bike whistle(video inside)help

OMG! that sounds awful. Bet you get all the neighbor's dogs a howling!

Just a stab in the dark but, could it be the fuel pump? Pop the cap and give it a start to see if the noise level increases. Others have posted about a high pitched whinning noise and it was the pump.

If not that, I'd be pulling the lower cowlings and propping the tank up to get in closer, try to hone in on the source. The screwdriver method or a stethoscope would be helpful, check with your local autoparts place to see if they'll rent one to ya.

Good hunting.

Last edited:
my busa sounds like it has a exhaust leak.I checked i could not find anything.Is this normal depending on the exhaust setup.Please point me in the right direction please.

Wish I could view it.....danged Samsung Crackberry
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't really tell by the vid, but it does sound like electrical. Like the feed back you get in a stereo system in a car when not wired right. Could it be possible that for some reason there is feed back coming through the siren of the alarm? Don't know, just something to listen for.

Sounds to me like the starter is starter is staying engaged, when the bike starts the starter is not disengaging. When you rev the engine it speeds up the starter and doesn't disengage until you turn the engine off. The whistling noise sounds just like when the bike is turning over. Which is real hard to start compared to mine. Let us know when you find the problem but my money is on the starter.

is there a way to test the starter roadripper to see if it is staying engaged or not.

The Starter on the Busa does not engage like that of a car. You may want to check the Starter cover along with the Starter clutch cover. Last time I heard a whine like that was on a GSXR1000. Someone had placed some washers on the starter clutch cover in the wrong place.

if it is creating electrical noise, if i start the bike than disconnect the starters positive wire shouldn't that stop the feed back.

Back