why does my bike whistle(video inside)help

ham4864

Registered
my busa sounds like it has a exhaust leak.I checked i could not find anything.
Is this normal depending on the exhaust setup.Please point me in the right direction please.

Last edited by a moderator:
omg, what a horrible noise. sounds like something rubbing. rubber, or something.

Sounds like a spun bearing surface. Does it have oil? Get a stethascope and start poking around 'till you find it. Run it only when you have to until you find it. Check the cam cover area for noise, maybe a seized cam bearing. Pull the plastics and check everywhere.

Last edited:
i have rode all last summer with that noise and no problems.looks like i have to get rid of her. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

That is one wierd sound. Never heard that sound with a spun bearing on a car. But it still might be. Was also thinking it had a clutch problems. But you can ride it with no problems. Man I would like to hear it in person. Keep us posted if you find out what it is.

after hearing it again when you reved it up. It sounded like electrical noise. damn.. weird.

Last edited:
Is there any change when you pull in the clutch in neutral.If so then it could be the clutch assembly bearing.
A friend here had a listen and he said maybe the alternator.
I'd get a stethascope and have a listen around.

im almost positive its an exhaust leak

make sure all gaskets are there

had a friend whose busa was making the EXACT sound and he was missing a gasket at the header

starter clutch ?? just a thought , couldnt have ridden it for a summer like that sounds horrible & scary

sure sounds like the charging sysem to me, my old KAW did that so did my old CB 900. the honda wasnt that loud, shoot Ive even heard HD's do that with stock exaust (only way you could hear any thing...LOL). Have your charging sytem checked they get louder under a load. Hope this helps, but ask someone in the know just to be sure.

to me its like a spinning of metal have no idea where but just my personal opinion sounds nothing like a air leak or whistle from air..... get a metal rod or long screwdriver and put it to the frame/engine parts the put ur ear on the other end and listen to where the source is

it does not get louder when you pull the clutch in in fact when i put my ear down under the bike near the exhaust it sounds like its coming from there but i dont feel air leaking,welli did not really grab the hot pipes.

My 750 made some crazy noise when it was missing a header gasket. They are just a couple of bucks might be worth trying out anyway.

That sure is a weird noise, if it was a video of my old Triumph Speed Triple then it would be ok as that sounds just like it and whistled like an ally cat when opened up.

I say it's exhaust related, take the end can off and see what it sounds like, then work backwards I guess.

Good Luck

Back