whistle sound

pycott22

Registered
Why does my '05 busa fuel tank make a whistling sound? I thought that after riding at high speeds it just does that to release pressure out of the tank. But today, I rolled it out of the garage to clean up a little and it started whistling again and i had not even rode it. If anyone can help i'd appreciate it.

Yep same here. 05 also. I know its in the cap somewhere but have not found a fix yet. I find when I press down on the cap it stops and if I open the cap it stops also. I will keep poking at it and let you know. Do the same for me please. It does annoy me a bit.

My 05 used to do the same thing! Cured the problem....................bought an 09! :laugh:

Yeah an 09 I guess would fix it. I think we are looking for something a little less expensive. That is always an option though. I will keep it in mind.

Oh and yes it is still doing it. It does it more when the sun is hitting the tank. More pressure build up probably.

Yeah I was thinking of an aftermarket cap or a cap assembly from another year but that would spoil the fun. I am sure one of us smart fellows will figure it out sooner or later.

It's not just an 05 thing. My 99 does it all the time. Drives me insane, but I have no idea how to fix it. Hopefully someone can come up with something.

i have a 05 and mine only does it when the tanks warm i believe its just releasing pressure it doesn't do it when the tank is cold but i could be wrong as im in the same boat as you fellows

Yup it is the pressure relief valve... gotta have one. No fix for that every bike I have had does it.... including non-busas.

I am actually not convinced it is the pressure release valve yet. It is too early to tell but it may be the seal around the tank opening. I put an extra temporary gasket in there and no noise yet and its in the sun. If it is the seal I am thinking maybe some stiffer or longer springs in there might make a better seal and fix the problem. But like I said too soon to tell.

Ok scratch that. Its gotta be one of the many pressure release valves in there. Which one is the question. There is a funny looking plastic dohickey thing in there that I am suspicious of also.

Back