Why do they even try?

These clowns that have never ridden anything but a Hardly-Ableson don't have a clue what fast is.
Most of them spend 5 or 6 grand installing a "Big Bore" kit and think they have a monster !! :laugh: :laugh:

These clowns that have never ridden anything but a Hardly-Ableson don't have a clue what fast is.
Most of them spend 5 or 6 grand installing a "Big Bore" kit and think they have a monster !! :laugh: :laugh:
lmao I know my buddy did a big bore kit and its makn like 115 hp now and he thinks its the cats ass....lol I told him I make more then that with ONE cylinder....:poke:

I live in Daytona and have to put up with them not just 2x per year but in reality so many people here have them its ridiculous. 5 dyno tuners here, not a one can do a busa. So I have to drive across the state for a tune. The majority of the ones that come here for the festivals are horrid riders and come in like they own the town. Amazing more of them dont have accidents every year.

I always like it when one of these straight piped, noise makers comes rattling by on an interstate entrance ramp. If the traffic allows I find their reverse gear for them with my throttle.

Had a laugh one morning heading east on 580 @95 or so and saw a large herd of HDs ahead, thankfully NOT hogging the left lane. Some were modded and customized by the way they looked and sounded. As I passed the lead bike he pulled out and matched my speed (95) and nodded his half helmet as if to say lets go. The road ahead was clear so without slowing down a bit I downshifted three gears and looked over. Even though he probably had a Baker six speed and over a hundred cubic inches, upon hearing me drop three gears and stay next to him at nearly a hundred he dropped his head, slowed and pulled back in line with his buddies. It's like the old story, 'I put thousands into my Harley and thought I had a really fast motorcycle when all I really had was a fast Harley.' In the right trim, they do look and sound good IMO but the HP to $$ ratio scares me off...

I also heard that Harley made the first bike (hold the phone...) with a blinker system that turns itself off after a turn! What an innovation! Have yet to look that up since I don't care about HD riders that don't know to turn a signal off. Anyway, I'm not against anything with a motor and two (or more) wheels, I'm against ANYONE who hogs the road (bicycle, MC, car, truck etc.) and then speeds up because you want to pass and do the speed limit (or more). For quite a while I kept a pocket full of BBs for those Nimrods.

Had a laugh one morning heading east on 580 @95 or so and saw a large herd of HDs ahead, thankfully NOT hogging the left lane. Some were modded and customized by the way they looked and sounded. As I passed the lead bike he pulled out and matched my speed (95) and nodded his half helmet as if to say lets go. The road ahead was clear so without slowing down a bit I downshifted three gears and looked over. Even though he probably had a Baker six speed and over a hundred cubic inches, upon hearing me drop three gears and stay next to him at nearly a hundred he dropped his head, slowed and pulled back in line with his buddies. It's like the old story, 'I put thousands into my Harley and thought I had a really fast motorcycle when all I really had was a fast Harley.' In the right trim, they do look and sound good IMO but the HP to $$ ratio scares me off...

It seems that how it goes, I just want to say I have nothing against HD's but if you don't have grunt why try?

I met a rider on a Harley V-Rod, he really believed that it was the fastest bike on the road. We took off when the light changed and I just gave it enough to keep beside him until he got into 3rd. I ran off and left him. He was real disappointed after that....a Jap bike just couldn't be that fast...

Didn't the Americans learn anything from Pearl harbor? The Japs have some nice machines that just happen to kick american ass..

Just saying.

-D

Didn't the Americans learn anything from Pearl harbor? The Japs have some nice machines that just happen to kick american ass..

Just saying.

-D

Apparently not.
Harley will eventually find itself where it's almost been several times...out of business.
Why? Because you can't repackage the same old stuff year after year, sorry, I mean decades after decades;
and not expect the bubble to bust eventually. The same old Harley fans, and new ones can't continue buying all the new bikes.
Look how the market is flooded with used Harleys.
Harley's latest gimmick is...smaller engines!!! Oh, and candy paint!:rofl:
Combine that with swapping fenders and calling it a whole different model, and Bam! Awesomness!
To each there own, but if sportbikes followed the same path as Harley, sportbikes would've been gone years ago.
Or, we'de all be paying $20k for that elusive 1995 gsxr, and adding the latest and greatest aftermarket parts.:laugh:
Sorry, I've just really grown to hate the whole Harley image. Hard core bikers ride Harleys, and that's fine.
The other 90% are the guys/gals that have to have Harley stickers on everything they own, Harley on every piece of clothing. Ride their Harley 15 minutes to the local restaurant rally, and hang out making noise and talking about how awesome their Harley is. Then, on to the next bar, and repeat.
Wow, how cool.
Isn't this a Hayabusa/sportbike site? If you like Harleys fine, but they have forums too.
That way you can talk more Harley stuff...AND, keep the miles off your Ultra Fat Wide Springer Glide with limited edition paint and front fender!

Don't you love how they all have to put on their Halloween Costumes to go for a ride ??!! :laugh:

Do you know what hound dogs and harleys have in common?
They both love to ride in the back of pick up trucks, and they both leave wet spots wherever they go !! :laugh:

Some funny **** on this thread! :laugh:

Personally, I think trikes are ridiculous... while I understand the idea of wanting to keep riding after your body has said no to two-wheelers, buying a sidecar rig is a much more respectable way to go. They're cool, you can take your dog riding with you don't look like an oversized toddler on a Big Wheel.

Some funny **** on this thread! :laugh:

Personally, I think trikes are ridiculous... while I understand the idea of wanting to keep riding after your body has said no to two-wheelers, buying a sidecar rig is a much more respectable way to go. They're cool, you can take your dog riding with you don't look like an oversized toddler on a Big Wheel.

I dont know if you have ever rode with a side car but they suck.

I dont know if you have ever rode with a side car but they suck.

I have one in my garage and they only suck if you try to ride it like a motorcycle... or a car... or anything other than a sidecar outfit. They're actually a ton of fun once you get the "hang" of them!

19051577442_36e6696e50_b_d.jpg

:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back