Impressive and dissapointing, why oh why would they do this.

aussiebusaboy

Registered
So the new BMWS1000RR

Dont like BMWs myself, never have and never will most likely but this bike is extremely impressive.
Throwing 183hp at the rear with full traction control a rider is able to run into a corner dragging his or her knee (no sexism here) at max revs and while laying down and still holding full throttle using no clutch throw it up a gear and the bike displays no jerk or wobble at all.

Now i know you get to turn this option off and run full race mode (scary with 183hp) but i ask BMW, what were they thinking.
Was it lets make a bike designed to race at international lvl but can still be handled by a novice.
Next thing suzuki will put training wheels on the Busas so they cant fall over.

Is it just me or is having a bike thats just a little to far out of your range the whole point of owning said bike in the 1st place, why make a bike that does everthing for you.

i do like the camera work in the 2nd vid and the bike does look nice

Check the footage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sweet! I'm not a BMW fan, but digging the patriotic red, white, and blue. I'm not sure if I would like the traction control or not. I wouldn't want to fight the bike or feel like I wasn't utilizing all it's power if needed. I can't imagine what those are going for new.

Thanks for the vids!

Pretty sweet! I'm not a BMW fan, but digging the patriotic red, white, and blue. I'm not sure if I would like the traction control or not. I wouldn't want to fight the bike or feel like I wasn't utilizing all it's power if needed. I can't imagine what those are going for new.

Thanks for the vids!

15k for all of the electronic goodies.

That is the new technology and the direction ALL bikes will be heading.

Imagine a 220hp busa with traction control that any newb can get on and
pin it back from a stop and never pop the wheelie or spin the tire, run a
perfect quarter mile or stop light to stop light...while you (rhetorically) will struggle and the slightest spin or wheelie and you lose...beaten by the computer
and the throttle by wire...THAT IS WHAT WILL SELL BIKES...THAT is why
they will make them. Will take the experience and the skill out of it.
But...that is who will have the fastest bike...

I gotta admit though...wish my bike had traction control. :thumbsup:

Throw that in with Honda's automatic tranny...and they don't even have to shift...

Can always buy one without the traction control, ABS and the quick shifter or turn it off. Ducatis have similar options. Most race teams run electronics. Difference is they are not included on the street versions.

Just because it has all those things doesn't mean you can't crash it.

15k for all of the electronic goodies.

at 15k its still a bargain for the bike...

13,800 MSRP for bike

options list:

With a claimed power delivery of 193 hp and weight of 404 lbs, BMW calls the S1000RR the “most powerful production 1000cc sport bike in the worldâ€￾.
Optional features include a race antilock brake system with four settings, rain, sport, race and slick. BMW says its race ABS components weigh 5.5 lbs compared to the 20 lb ABS systems offered by its competitors.
S1000RR options are available at the following prices:
•Motorsports Paint Scheme: $750
•Race ABS: $1,000
•Race ABS & Dynamic Traction Control (DTC) $1,480
•Gear Shift Assistant: $450
•Anti Theft Alarm: $395

Can always buy one without the traction control, ABS and the quick shifter or turn it off. Ducatis have similar options. Most race teams run electronics. Difference is they are not included on the street versions.

Just because it has all those things doesn't mean you can't crash it.

Yeah but...the electronics are getting better and are becoming availible to
the average street joe. You can still crash but it's going to come down to
just being able to steer...

Yeah but...the electronics are getting better and are becoming availible to
the average street joe. You can still crash but it's going to come down to
just being able to steer...

The guys that can't steer will still buy the Busa's and claim they can stop faster without ABS. :whistle:

Now BMW has really gone and done it.... they've built their own Japenese motorcycle the S1000RR.

I'd better not hear one word from my BMW buddies about how German engineeering blah, blah. It's a very good bike and I am told very comfortable!

I still prefer the RSV4 over this bike, granted the goodies are out of this world and i do salute the germans for pushing the limits, i only hope this does not destroy the pure joy of being able to handle a high hp machine on the road.
Not much skill required to simply steer and lean.

Remember when the busa was 1st released and i thought anyone who owned one had a death wish while secretly wishing i could own myself.

I like to shift my own gears control my traction with a throttle and decide how to apply my own brakes. I do not wish to loose the visceral connection between man and machine. To each their own I Guess.

Pretty soon it's going to be like a lot of sports cars today, where you have to pay extra to get the manual trans. I wouldn't mind having ABS on the busa, but traction and an auto tranny. . . Forget it.

well all the other bike makers have the same stuff out there on the track.. you just have to spend a lot of change to get it... BMW is sending a shot across the bow of the jap bikes that take 20G to do the same stuff...

If there was anyway I could justify 15G for a track bike? I would own one.. problem is Honda went and pumped out a ton of 1000RR's of their own that sell for $7200 new..

Back