Why do they even try?

Bobby B

Registered
Blasting through El Toro Canyon today and I was behind Santa Clause biker man on a Harley trike. He was cruising 60mph the whole fricken way, taking up the whole lane with his trike meanwhile, like 16 other Hogs behind me barking at my back door. We finally get to the passing lane and Santa drops a gear to prevent me from passing, and I'm like "no" I grabbed a handful and say goodbye as he's revving the **** out of his trike and I'm in 6th barley hitting 6K rpm. Goodbye Santa please put me on you naughty list!!!!
why do they try????

As much as they bother us with that , we bother them with why do they haul ass lol .

But Does he go home and tell his wife I almost beat one of those damn Japanese bikes? it's never ever ever ever ever gonna happen! and I know some dudes with some fast as hell Hogs!

What's the point of a trike? Can't lane split on one. One of the best things about California riding is lane splitting is legal right?

Harleys own the road didn't u know that? I mean just ask em.... they think if ur riding anything but a HD u shudnt even be on the road. I really can't stand those rolling piles of shiit.

for the life of me I just don't understand why anyone wud want to ride a bike that slows, terribly ugly, annoyingly loud, expensive, can't handle for shiit, can't brake and weighs as much as car.....:whistle:

Harleys own the road didn't u know that? I mean just ask em.... they think if ur riding anything but a HD u shudnt even be on the road. I really can't stand those rolling piles of shiit.

for the life of me I just don't understand why anyone wud want to ride a bike that slows, terribly ugly, annoyingly loud, expensive, can't handle for shiit, can't brake and weighs as much as car.....:whistle:

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.:laugh:

I met a rider on a Harley V-Rod, he really believed that it was the fastest bike on the road. We took off when the light changed and I just gave it enough to keep beside him until he got into 3rd. I ran off and left him. He was real disappointed after that....a Jap bike just couldn't be that fast...

We had a couple hogs downshift and try to go when being passed in a passing zone (We had followed them across the mountain for a few miles politely). They caught up as we filled the tanks down the other side of the mountain and came over. They were nice guys, but shockingly/genuinely surprised they couldn't keep up...they actually seemed a bit impressed like they've never experienced being passed before, LoL.

The truth is that most of them (I also happen to own a HD -- Oh No!!) really have no idea just how fast a Hayabusa is. Their bike feels fast to them - and it is compared to most everything else on the road. And its loud. And its shiny. And all of their friends have loud shiny bikes, too. No frame of reference. No idea. Its nothing against them; they just don't know.
Now, someone was wondering why people ride trikes. Because they either can't physically handle 'holding up' a regular 2 wheeled bike at a stop or because they aren't confident that they will always be able to hold up a 2 wheeler. A trike allows people the opportunity to enjoy riding a motorcycle who otherwise couldn't. I believe its a great thing. I used to occasionally ride with a guy who was mildly handicapped that rode a trike. He loved it and he road pretty aggressively sometimes. Probably because the trike allowed him to enjoy an 'outlaw' side of life that was otherwise closed off to him. Don't protest too loudly -- who knows what life has in store for us. Maybe a Hayabusa trike will be the last chance for thrills for some of us someday....

I happen to own a Harley that is fast............... for a Harley, but in no way compares to any sport bike, especially a Busa. There are A LOT of the brothers in my chapter that have never ridden anything but a Harley. They marvel at the 110whp/116wtq that my Harley makes and just how quick it will move for a 920lb Ultra. It's like trying to explain macaroni and cheese to someone who has only ever eaten mac n cheese sans the cheese. They just don't understand.

The truth is that most of them (I also happen to own a HD -- Oh No!!) really have no idea just how fast a Hayabusa is. Their bike feels fast to them - and it is compared to most everything else on the road. And its loud. And its shiny. And all of their friends have loud shiny bikes, too. No frame of reference. No idea. Its nothing against them; they just don't know.
Now, someone was wondering why people ride trikes. Because they either can't physically handle 'holding up' a regular 2 wheeled bike at a stop or because they aren't confident that they will always be able to hold up a 2 wheeler. A trike allows people the opportunity to enjoy riding a motorcycle who otherwise couldn't. I believe its a great thing. I used to occasionally ride with a guy who was mildly handicapped that rode a trike. He loved it and he road pretty aggressively sometimes. Probably because the trike allowed him to enjoy an 'outlaw' side of life that was otherwise closed off to him. Don't protest too loudly -- who knows what life has in store for us. Maybe a Hayabusa trike will be the last chance for thrills for some of us someday....

I concur wholeheartedly. For the record I'm not against trikes or Harley's or cruisers for that matter. This guy just did not want me passing him or he wanted to race? I think all the Harley's behind me we're burned out about going 60mph too. Furthermore, I hope to wind up on a Honda F6B bagger as I love Street Glides but can't justify the cost

I agree that it's all about frame of reference. My son-in-law has a Harley Breakout and I was looking at one at the local Harley shop just for the fun of it. The salesman went on and on about how the previous owner had the engine "built" with a stage four kit and how it was the fastest bike in the shop except for one that was turbo charged. He made a big deal about 160 hp I think it was. I took it for a test ride and it was a nice cruiser, but nothing like my almost stock, less than half the price, Busa.

I still like the rumble of the V-Twin but after riding the Busa I'll probably never be able to go back to one, no matter what the brand, unless it's a second bike that is. :whistle:

The bigger, heavier, and worse a bike a handles...then the faster it feels at "speed"(apparently).
It also seems that the louder it is, the quicker it must be, as well as it will have endless top speed.
Or at least that's what I gather from the Harley crowd. They aren't much different from the import car crowd either.
1% of either are actually respectfully fast, the rest, junk...over priced junk.
Especially considering that Harley's only real update in over 100 years, was fuel injection.
How long can a company make the same thing and keep riding the nostalgia train? Apparently 112 years so far. But no surprise as to how close to folding they've been several times.
If anyone thinks the market is flooded with used sportbikes, have you seen the amount of used Harley's?
Buy the hype, be disappointed, move on, over priced out dated hype for sale.

Caution.jpg

Harley1.jpg

harley10.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1329781203375.jpg

The bigger, heavier, and worse a bike a handles...then the faster it feels at "speed"(apparently).
It also seems that the louder it is, the quicker it must be, as well as it will have endless top speed.
Or at least that's what I gather from the Harley crowd. They aren't much different from the import car crowd either.
1% of either are actually respectfully fast, the rest, junk...over priced junk.
Especially considering that Harley's only real update in over 100 years, was fuel injection.
How long can a company make the same thing and keep riding the nostalgia train? Apparently 112 years so far. But no surprise as to how close to folding they've been several times.
If anyone thinks the market is flooded with used sportbikes, have you seen the amount of used Harley's?
Buy the hype, be disappointed, move on, over priced out dated hype for sale.

Almost 100% correct. They have also started to water cool as well. Huge upgrade. :laugh:

Back