close calls, how'd you handle it?

i've had this scenerio happen to me quite a bunch up here in Va. i'm not to nice though, usually the finger comes out. you endanger my life, i think the finger is the least of there concerns.:laugh:

My standard operating procedure for dealing with people trying to murder me with their vehicle is as follows:

1. Curse at driver
2. Flip off said driver
3. re-accomplish step 1
4. Continue on with life.

You did exactly the right thing, textbook move I'd say. But I would have energized the Ben Hur axle blades and proceed to gnarl the sides of his truck while emptying my glock 32 with 357sigs into the cab and throw in a shrapnel grenade to finish the job. But that's just me.

No, you did a great job and glad to hear your ok. When I drive my truck, I look both sides and turn my head because my mirrors miss a few feet behind my shoulders. When I see a bike, I keep my eyes on them always. I hate a stunter who wheelies past me at 100.

Guy

I've had the exact same thing happen to me. The drivers give you that look like hey I didnt see you. I would never grab for the clutch, let the engine help in slowing the bike down.

in emergency if you dont grab the clutch and you lock up the rear tire the engine is gonna stall... that could cause another problem or no? i currently have the rear brake adjusted so that if i hit it hard it will all but lock up. i dont use the rear brake much anyhow. its not useless, but can cause an accident if locked up. in normal situations i always use engine braking.

I think u handled the situation just right. U seem like a level headed cat who assesses the situation at hand with maturity. I, like you, are always watching the other drivers and making the best assumption on their driving. I try n ride in front of traffic also, IMO it's the best place to be ( unless I biff it then I'll get run over a few dozen times lol). Always look at cagers front wheel direction and when possible try n make eye contact so u r sure they see u.

Rockethead using Tapatalk

:rofl: you said biff :rofl:

When I was younger I would always have a pocket full of nickels in my left front pocket, if a car cut me off or pulled out in front of me I would get in front of that car stay about 25FT in front, reach in my left pocket and grab a handful of nickels and sling em under hand behind me and take off like a bat out of hell!!! Bet you look for motorcycles next time you cager LOL:laugh:

When I was younger I would always have a pocket full of nickels in my left front pocket, if a car cut me off or pulled out in front of me I would get in front of that car stay about 25FT in front, reach in my left pocket and grab a handful of nickels and sling em under hand behind me and take off like a bat out of hell!!! Bet you look for motorcycles next time you cager LOL:laugh:

yikes, wouldnt it be cheaper to use washers?:laugh:

yikes, wouldnt it be cheaper to use washers?:laugh:[/QUOT

Nickels are heavier :thumbsup:
Some may think that isnt fair its just an accident, but ya know that car that got all dinged up for almost hurting / killing a biker will watch for them next time and may not follow so close.

Another story, short. I had a man in a 300M pull right out in front of me while I was doing the speed limit, I predictied it, locked both brakes and just barely came from hitting his rear bumper. I got up beside him and and gave the hand gesture of WTF??
He looked back at as I was crazy, well he pulled into a Shell gas station so I I made a U turn and came in behind his car. He got out of his car a man about 5FT7 @ 140 I flipped my face shield up and asked "What the hell is wrong with you".... He had a glassy look in his eyes and walked back towards me in an aggressive manner, I stood up towering over him well he pulled a 45 from his waist band and pointed it in my face said "you just need to turn around go on your way"

I had a guy turn left in front of me the other night... Almost hit him in the same place as my first wreck (Same situation too, girl turned in front, bike went underneath) He continued into the gas station, and I continued honking, flipping the bird, yelling, and continued down the road... For about an 1/8th mile... Then turned around in a 7/11 and went to confront him. I was ready to fight. He caught me off guard before I could even say anything and apologized... I told him to look out for bikes cause it's our lives on the line, he agreed, then I left.

Back