Why do I have to log in at times but not others?

jessup

Just because the dog eats it doesnt mean
Donating Member
Registered
You ever notice that sometimes you don't have to long in and you only register as a guest? If your lazy like me you love that when it happens... Firefox erases everything all my cookies everytime I shut down the browser... I have it do that on purpose... Do we have to log in so the numbers can be tracked? I notice that most poeple log in... Just curious why it is necassery.

One more thing what happened to the little invisible read only option that used to be hidden up at the top right portion of the board?
E

When I notice that there are a lot of guest on the site I will typically lock it down. What happens is that we are linked from websites all over the globe. When videos of the 08 were released and someone posted them here links started coming in a few hours later. Folks that are not part of the site start linking in and using the resources and it slows the site down for the guys that camp out here. We are not talking about there not being a way to get in to see them but it does mean that you have to read english to play..... Once the traffic slows down I open it back up.....

Just another growing pain...

cap

Ahhhhhhhhh..... that makes perfect sense... I didn't have a problem with it I was just curious as to the why's and whens... What happened to the hidden read only link that used to be at the top of the page? Just curious.
E.

Back