Why Do I Have A Flat?

luxi%204way.jpg

Please go buy this, tighten the valve stem and stop posting. ^ and thank God it wasn't a nail.

luxi%204way.jpg

Please go buy this, tighten the valve stem and stop posting. ^ and thank God it wasn't a nail.

dude, I'll post as much as I damn near please.

go buy some beer and stop reading my posts if it's such a bugger to ya.

Oh, am I taking up too much space on the server's database? :laugh:

Thanks for the pic, btw. Did you just pull it outta yer bum? Heh. Just messin' :whistle:

btw, what does it mean to "break the bead"? Or what is the bead?
The bead is the part of the tire sidewall that seats and seals on the wheel. You break the bead to remove a tire from the rim or to spin the tire on the rim or if your tire goes flat the bead becomes unseated.

And where do you get the tool to reseat the valve stem?
From most auto parts stores. Kragen or whatever you have in your area.

The bead is the part of the sidewall that seats and seals on the tire. You break the bead to remove a tire from the rim or to spin the tire on the rim or if your tire goes flat the bead becomes unseated.

From most auto parts stores. Kragen or whatever you have in your area.

thanks a bunch. I will say try to tighten with that..

thanks for sharing...

thanks a bunch. I will say try to tighten with that..

thanks for sharing...

too bad, tightened a good bit (with tool), must be leaking from tiny puncture or bead.

Down to < 30 psi (from 45) after only 3 hours.

See what the shop can find.

Thanks again.

Do yourself a favor, get a sprayer bottle, fill it with water and a squirt of dishwashing liquid, fill the motorcycle tire to 42 PSI and spray the tire, bead & stem untill you find your leak, once you locate it it will be obvious.

Oh and by the way the general reason for a flat seems to be a brand spankin new $200 rear tire.

312_big.jpg

Last edited:
Probably have a puncture in the tread, you just can't see it. Have your shop check the tire and if that is the case when they install the new tire, make sure they install a new valve stem. Some shops do on every new tire, some don't. Good luck. :thumbsup:

Do yourself a favor, get a sprayer bottle, fill it with water and a squirt of dishwashing liquid, fill the motorcycle tire to 42 PSI and spray the tire, bead & stem untill you find your leak, once you locate it it will be obvious.

Oh and by the way the general reason for a flat seems to be a brand spankin new $200 rear tire.

Hahaha, you are exactly right.

Back