Do I have to use the Suzuki dealer

chamalk

Registered
Do I have to  use the Suzuki Dealer for my first sevice at 600 miles ? or  Can I go anyplace to get this service done? Has anybody used any place other  than the Suzuki dealer for their  first service ? :super:

<!--EDIT|chamalk
Reason for Edit: None given...|1068058000 -->

Warranty manual states that it must be done by a Suzuki dealer. May not have problems, but would hate to have something major happen and they ask to see the service slips.

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: "can't spell"|1068065049 -->

If you experiance some sort of serious issue down the road and there is no record of you performing you initial service with the dealer, they will probably ignore you or tell you it's not their fault.

So for the Initial Service I recommend the dealer, just in case. And be sure to keep records, and reciepts of every service, oil change, maintenance item, and modification. It is a good idea though to try to get to know your Shop, and your mechanic. Corona Long Necks 12 at a time work wonders!

No

I bought my bike and haven't been back to the dealer since.
But my mechanic (Jeff Crago at Crago Racing in Van Nuys CA) is authorized to do warranty work for Suzuki. He's been my mechanic for 15 years. He's worked on all my bikes and I trust him implicitly.

And I have ALL the reciepts for ALL the work done on my bike.

Well no, but the Chrysler guy is prolly gonna look at you strange when you bring yer baby in.! :tounge:

Seriously, you don't have to have a suzuki dealer do the
service. You can even do the service yourself. However if
you have a problem in the 13/14 month that you feel is not
your fault & you want to have Suzuki "good will" it be
advised, the 1st Q Suzuki will ask is did he have the 1st
service done? If the answer is no... then fuggitaboutit.

I actually have some related questions about the 1st service - 600 miles. The dealer sent a letter saying that its not covered by the manufacturers warranty... If thats the case, what exactly is covered in the warranty?? Is there any schedule for future checkups (couldnt find it in the manual - sorry).

On a side note, did an oil change @ 300... (i read a post somewhere to do it at 20miles to get rid of the break in crud) but was too lazy to go back all the way just after 2 days :-))))..... much smoother now both the engine and the gear shift.. maybe shouldve done it at 20:super:??

On a 2nd side note, got some silly dude on a honda CBR600 at a stop lite who wanted to race me (must have been the chick who was sitting behind him who he wanted to impress)?:super:!!!!! would've loved to kick his ass but decided to fite another day.... cant open this baby up now...... + its below the busa's dignity to race bikes with 3 digit cc's, what say :-)))))))))))

thanks in advance.

I actually have some related questions about the 1st service - 600 miles. The dealer sent a letter saying that its not covered by the manufacturers warranty... If thats the case, what exactly is covered in the warranty?? Is there any schedule for future checkups (couldnt find it in the manual - sorry).
Warranty pays for your bike to be repaired if it breaks because of substandard parts. Services which Suzuki recommends between 3500-4000 miles are maintenance and
therefor something the customer is responsible. Think of maintence as the replacement of wear items. If your tire is
bald you replace it, not Suzuki. Same with brakes. Oil is considered a consumable.

Back