why did they lowside?

thelakeshow2k

Registered
here's a link (to someone's youtube page) of several riders lowsiding at mullholland hwy (malibu). the quality of the videos is great but my question after watching his videos is, "what caused all of them to go down?" your answers are appreciated and will help me and others become better riders. thanks.

YouTube - rnickeymouse's Channel

Umm... lack of skill.. poor rider position .. decreasing radius turn.. riding at 100% of their skill level with no room for correction

Too much throttle while leaned over...he got on the gas too much, too soon coming out of the turn. Were the tires up to temp? Not enough info in a short vid like that...you can here the engine spin up just before he lost it.

It's an easy explanation. See they are not "official" HOONS. So in order for them to ride properly and make it through that turn accident free.....they must give themselves up and freely & willingly become members of the HOON society.

Last edited:
+1, To Much throttle coming out of Turn, Lean Position incorrect.

It's an easy explanation. See they are not "official" HOONS. So in order for them to ride properly and make it through that turn accident free.....they must give themselves up and freely & willingly become members of the HOON society.

Would that be Scar's Low Side Hoon's :laugh:

Wasn't leaned over much, either too much throttle, or maybe spazzed out and
tapped rear brake.

It looks like there may be a strip of something on the road (if you look closely there appears to be a possible oil patch).

Too much throttle and poor body position. When you hear metal scraping, that is not the time to further open the throttle. :poke:

The SV650 rocked up (right) when he first scraped the peg, and then back down (left) to correct. It probably startled him when the peg first touched. When he rocked back down on the peg it took weight off the rear wheel. Looks like he either didn't know the turn or his bike well enough. That's what I'm thinkin' anyway.

Last edited:
Why is it that every time one of these riders went down. The person filming just happens to be up on the hillside out of view?

so I did not see much of anything done right :laugh: what a great "what not to do" video collection.. I think the lack of gear would be the first clue that "you are not doing it right" :)

Why is it that every time one of these riders went down. The person filming just happens to be up on the hillside out of view?
I get your drift but there were bikes going through the same lines on a few of those... my guess is that corner is way popular for get-offs..

and who the heck is this?? come on boys fess up..

[/MEDIA]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back