Why are they so special

oreo

Registered
What is the deal with the fairing bolts why are they so expensive the cheapest I've seen them for is $50 I think that's crazy when you can go buy the samething in a philips head for like $10

Well that's alittle better I just don't understand you would think they came with lit up kanji symbols on it

I guess they can charge that kinda money when you own a bike like a 'Busa. When you have a big boy bike like we do, you are gonna have to pay the price. :beerchug:

Megawatt if you have any pics of the fastener swap could you post them. Did you rivit the wire part of the dzus to the nose setcion and use stock bolts for the other 2-3 per side? Did you put dzus on the belly / wing area too?

Megawatt if you have any pics of the fastener swap could you post them. Did you rivit the wire part of the dzus to the nose setcion and use stock bolts for the other 2-3 per side? Did you put dzus on the belly / wing area too?

Going off memory as my bike is away in next state being rebuilt. No rivits, the dzus has a holder that just slides over the edge of the fairings. You will have to ream out the hole just slightly as the width of the dzus is wider than the stock bolt your replacing.

Dzus fastners on very top piece under handlebars and three bolts on the curved line in forward fairing piece. Large bolts one in center and one behind footpegs are still used. Belly wing would have stock bolts when I wear it. I change tires often between drag racing and street so I usually keep wing off.

Back