Why are there so many used 2022 and 2023's for sale with low mileage?

The ZX-14R seems to be the Busa’s closest competitor.
One big negative on the Kawi is the lack of a quick shifter.
My last two bikes have had quick shifters and it would be hard to go back to clutching every shift again.
Call me spoiled.
If I was in my 20’s I’d be more concerned about raw speed but nowadays I prefer a little refinement mixed in with power.

Last edited:
The ZX-14R seems to be the Busa’s closest competitor.
One big negative on the Kawi is the lack of a quick shifter.
My last two bikes have had quick shifters and it would be hard to go back to clutching every shift again.
Call me spoiled.
If I was in my 20’s I’d be more concerned about raw speed but nowadays I prefer a little refinement mixed in with power.
An aftermarket QS would solve that issue with the ZX14R quick enough....

Some say the H2SXSE is close competition for the Hayabusa as well....?

OK you’re spoiled. The ZX14 doesn’t look too bad…especially for 2K less.

IMG_3277.jpg

I‘m not up on which H2 is what, SXSE? They had one at the local dealer and it was the same price as a new Busa, about $18.5. Aren’t there two H2 models, both blown but one is faster? Not sure which version was at the dealer, probably the lesser model if it was priced the same as a Busa. The really fast H2 is quite a bit higher right?

I‘m not up on which H2 is what, SXSE? They had one at the local dealer and it was the same price as a new Busa, about $18.5. Aren’t there two H2 models, both blown but one is faster? Not sure which version was at the dealer, probably the lesser model if it was priced the same as a Busa. The really fast H2 is quite a bit higher right?
There's a few H2 models (other than the H2R non street legal model)

H2 Carbon
H2
H2SX
H2SXSE
ZH2

The SXSE and SX are about the same weight and hp as the Hayabusa

Discounting the handling differences, even

View attachment 1670028

View attachment 1670029

a (really) dated bike can surprise the kids. An 11.32 quarter isn’t too far from a 10 second run. And my lil 948cc standard also has a low 11 second quarter for thousands less than a new Busa or any of the new liter bikes. Of course the top speed is around 140 instead of 180. I’d be willing to bet that a good many Busa owners would be hard pressed to pull a 10 second run out of their bikes anyway.

Those top speeds of 140mph is about all you want without fairings.
My B-king felt Fast at 140, vs the Busa, which as you know feels the same smooth as 100, or even 70, just from the huge difference in aerodynamics, the best vs none, lol.
I agree on those older bikes too, they are all still very quick for what they are.

I had a 2006 GSXR 1000 that was nasty. Kinda regret selling it but I enjoy the busa size / comfort more for the daily riding stuff. But yes that 2006 would hurt a lot of feelings.

4 of my friends had them new in 05 and 06, and I rode them all reguraly, and yeah, they were incredible bikes, and still respectful to this day, but...they can't touch a 2017+ with bolt-ons.
I've owned a couple gens and ridden all of them(gsxr1k), and the newest makes all the great previous models look Bad, in terms of sheer acceleration.

True about an aftermarket QS for a ZX-14.
Would that work about the same as a factory installed QS?
I probably should go on the ZX-14 and explore this question

Last edited:
4 of my friends had them new in 05 and 06, and I rode them all reguraly, and yeah, they were incredible bikes, and still respectful to this day, but...they can't touch a 2017+ with bolt-ons.
I've owned a couple gens and ridden all of them(gsxr1k), and the newest makes all the great previous models look Bad, in terms of sheer acceleration.
Oh, 100%. I was just taking it WAY back lol.

Hi
My ZX 11 hurt a lot of Busa feeling but not stock SBM 1300 kit cam head work and a 50 HP shot of NOS 207 HP on motor 247 HP with. NOS.

Took me a lot of work and money to turn my '02 into a weapon (of it's day).....in those days there wasn't much around that would touch it....

That being said, technology has moved so far forward that bikes of today are basically right off the superbike track with lights stuck on them.....

In '06 I bought a new blue and white GSXR1000K6, incredible bike, loved it so much . . but I was already 48 years old and getting soft and outta shape, then 3 years later my body was hurting after rides.
I sold it, bought a KTM supermoto 950 and then a KTM 990 adventure, enjoyed the upright seating position and getting off road was cool as also.
Then the Busa came along and THAT is the bike I'll never sell . . EVER.
It's just a bike you can really love. And play with on a tech level.
They're just special.
That's my take on it.

There are better bikes for touring than the Busa, although you can take extended trips on these.
And there are better bikes for all out speed although the Busa is plenty fast.
I’ll bet one factor is that most buyers don’t check out the cost to insure one of these things prior to purchase. Once the newness wears off it becomes a grind having to pay that big premium they didn’t see coming
Insurance was a big factor for me. And having a gen 2 ZX14r i sold the Gen 3 Busa. Miss the quick shifter, and cruise control.

Back