08 Hayabusas FOR SALE WHY????

shortstuf

Registered
I am looking to buy a new 08 or 09 Hayabusa and was wondering why there are so many of them for sale? A lot of these bikes only have a couple of hundred miles on them. You can't even tell if you like the the bike with that :thumbsup: few miles on it. I was just wondering what you guys think the reason is.

Did you notice there is a recession?
No-one would sell one of these unless they had to. No-one.
IMO

Yeah you can say that again. right when everybody starts to get to enjoy their bikes we go into into a reccesion.

Some people buy these without knowing what they are getting themselves in to.

Word has it that Suzuki has increased their prices across the board, 5-10%.

If you're really interested in getting one, my recommendation would be to...

Buy now!!!

I was always taught that you get rid of your toys before the basic necessities.
i was in a bind and I thought about selling mine. Fortunately I was able to find another way to take care of those bills. There is nothing mechanically wrong with the K8. The only faults I have noticed are that they are extremely addicting and very very very FAST. But I have a family and I would sell in a heartbeat to support my family. Just my :2cents:

AND the racing season is all done.. some bikes got the few miles they have put on 1/4 of a mile at a time... (no kidding)

why?

divorce/ lost job/etc.
near death experience
uncomfortable riding position
plenty reasons to sell

AND the racing season is all done.. some bikes got the few miles they have put on 1/4 of a mile at a time... (no kidding)

Sort of what I was thinking. I remember researching the purchase of my '07 I saw quite a few used '07's up for sale, most with less than 2000 miles on them. I would think the reasons are many and varied but the same for any model year and not specific to the '08. :2cents:

I'd say most of the time it has to do with losing a job or getting a ticket(S) and then not being able to swing the insurance.

Dont take but a couple hundred mile to see the pucker factor on this bike... Scares the heck out of some ppl..
others like it.

Thanks guys. I have found some real good deals on some 08s but they are all a very long way from northern Wisconsin. I will keep looking for some thing in a reasonable driving distance. Either new or a mint low mileage bike.

I think that people buy them thinking how fast could it be and then when they get a lil brave in the wrist and twist the throttle it scares the **** out of em..jm2c but i know when i cracked mine for the first time whooohoooo

I was always taught that you get rid of your toys before the basic necessities.
i was in a bind and I thought about selling mine. Fortunately I was able to find another way to take care of those bills. There is nothing mechanically wrong with the K8. The only faults I have noticed are that they are extremely addicting and very very very FAST. But I have a family and I would sell in a heartbeat to support my family. Just my :2cents:

Good man. Let's hope it never comes to that for you. :thumbsup:

bikes for some are toys. for others they are a part of life. regardelss of sportbike or not. typically with bad economic times people sale their toys. and you can see they rarely ride them due to the mileage. on the other hand for those that have a passion and make it part of their life. the bike usually aint goin nowhere regardless of finances... as the bike is the OUTLET for all the stress from the recession. so i guess i comes down to hobby or life ..:whistle:just my 2 cents

Some go from a 1300cc cruiser to a GSXR1000 or Hayabusa and have no clue that the world can blur like in the movie fast and furious... They then sell cause it scares the chit out of them and I can't blame them, LoL... I've ridden all my life and I still laugh my azz off when I open up my K6 GSXR1000, what a great rush...

As for comfort, could be, it takes some time to get use to a sportbike riding position and riding through traffic with constant stops etc... They may not give the bike a chance... When I first bought my K6 Katana750 I thought ohhhh chit its like riding on the back of a buffalo... It took quite a bit of time to find that I actually enjoyed the stance, As for my K6 1000 same thing but it only takes about 15 minutes before I start humpin the bike, LoL...Its a lust thang...

Back