Why add more power

Ahhh power, there's nothing like it. Besides on here line, most guys on the streets won't tell you what mods they've done, for fear of you doing more and beating them. Secretly EVERYONE wants to be a big dog, if not "THE" big dog. That's the main reason we purchased the busa in the first place.Go ahead and admit it, you love it ....don't you?

Second (current) turbo is an MC Express. It is intercooled and runs fine on 92/93 pump octane. It was installed and tuned by Dennis "Motorhead" in OH. Much cleaner install, no scratched fairings and I got all my parts back. He even made sure my turbo mated to my dual HMF pipes. He made my bike run stupid fast!
Dameon-What did was the total cost for MC Expree turbo?  So I could keep my Akra. Evo. exhaust on?  How does the bike run for around town driving?

Even a month ago I thought all the turbo and NOS guys were crazy, now I am thinking about adding some teeth to the rear sprocket to get a little more pull. Just like with any good thing more is better.

Second (current) turbo is an MC Express. It is intercooled and runs fine on 92/93 pump octane. It was installed and tuned by Dennis "Motorhead" in OH. Much cleaner install, no scratched fairings and I got all my parts back. He even made sure my turbo mated to my dual HMF pipes. He made my bike run stupid fast!
Dameon-What did was the total cost for MC Expree turbo?  So I could keep my Akra. Evo. exhaust on?  How does the bike run for around town driving?
the kit come with pipes

I am currently trying to track down a random oil leak that the Mr. Turbo guys stuck in my system. I can't quite tell where it's coming from because it doesn't always leak. I've cleaned the whole side of the engine and went riding, but no leak. Then I give up and notice it's leaking a week later and by that time, it's blown all over the place and I can't tell where the source is. I'll get it, it's just a pain.
Dameon - checkout this link at  . The cause of the oil leak on the Velocity turbo was due to the oil level being to high.

;)

The MC Express kit was (is?) $5795 plus install. A little high but that is the full intercooled kit good for over 400hp on pump gas and stock engine.

You could keep your exhaust, but, like JC said, it comes with a pipe. You may not like the hassle and expense of mating your current exhaust to the turbo system.

If you keep the RPM's below 5500 or so, it drives like a stock engine. The 'busa has more than enough torque to drive around all day without needing the boost.

You can never have enough power, the only limitation is money...

And rideability> I still want the thing to corner, so I don't want to be adding weight, reducing the clearance or doing something that will make the power roll on unpredictable.

Each to their own> but no turbos or NOS for me. Straight line speed alone just just doesn't do it for me anymore.

This is a different question, but it is alot like the one asked in this topic so Im gonna ask it. hehe

Anyway, I get a few people here and there say that my Hayabusa is STUPID and they get hateful about it.. They say that it is a DEATH trap. They also say that they would rather be caged inside a POWERFUL hotrod car then on a stupid DEATHTRAP Bike.

I know exactly why I bought my Busa and I enjoy it everyday so what they say doesnt matter to me. I always just laugh and walk away.... But does anyone else here get this said to them? If so, what do you tell them? :super:

This is a different question, but it is alot like the one asked in this topic so Im gonna ask it. hehe

Anyway, I get a few people here and there say that my Hayabusa is STUPID and they get hateful about it..  They say that it is a DEATH trap. They also say that they would rather be caged inside a POWERFUL hotrod car then on a stupid DEATHTRAP Bike.

I know exactly why I bought my Busa and I enjoy it everyday so what they say doesnt matter to me.  I always just laugh and walk away....  But does anyone else here get this said to them? If so, what do you tell them? :super:
I look at them and say" see my right hand this controls it all"

Hmmm.......why add more power.......why not...... JK.......cuz I cannot leave anything stock.......just a bad habit I got into years ago......oh yeah and the personal satisfaction you get from making something perform better, or look better than it did yesterday. :beerchug:

I look at them and say" see my right hand this controls it all"
[/QUOTE]
Well, actually I have said that a few times. I have said that it depends on how much experience you have and how you actually ride it. They always say something like this, "Well the potential is there!! I wouldnt ride that stupid thing for nothing!!".....

This might sound crazy, but I really do get a few people saying this kind of stuff to me... I dont know if people in general think sport bikes are for punk kids and they talk crap like that or it is just in my area, I just dont understand some people... I will try what you say and see if they talk trash bout my BUSA next time.

I didn't really understand the mo'powa issue until I started thinking about the 186mph limit. Then I thought about buying a TRE, just for having the speed limit off... then I thought that it takes the limit off, but doesn't give more power... and then I thought that a new exhaust system would be fine. but then someone told me that i need to remap, so a PCII would be needed.

Well, I haven't made a single mod yet, but I'm already thinking about putting all this stuff, more to feel the power in acceleration, than for making races. I really like to "stop" side-to-side with, let's say a BMW, or an Audi TT at 120mph, look at the driver's face and then say "goodbye" and totally desapear in a second :) lol, they must feel sooooo frustrated :laugh:

Anyway, I get a few people here and there say that my Hayabusa is STUPID and they get hateful about it..  They say that it is a DEATH trap. They also say that they would rather be caged inside a POWERFUL hotrod car then on a stupid DEATHTRAP Bike.

I know exactly why I bought my Busa and I enjoy it everyday so what they say doesnt matter to me.  I always just laugh and walk away....  But does anyone else here get this said to them? If so, what do you tell them? :super:
HA! You think you get heat. I have my Busa on my signature line at the V-Twin (Harley) forum. I am in constant verbal dueling with V-Rod (aka V-Slug) owners over there. Don't get me wrong...I like riding my Harleys. But I MELD with the Busa and the "holy craps" NEVER subside every time I take it out.
:)

Oh yeah...only mod I plan is the TRE. I still haven't mastered the stock power and adding more right now would be a waste.
I also don't want to lose reliability and I have also seen posts with horror stories about turbos.

Dep

just went to a party today andgot into it with an old friend about the busa, he sold his crotch rocket because he got nabbed too many times speeding ( last one cost his licsence for 30 days). he kept telling me a busa will be the death of me but hes the one who cant control himself. to me the busa is controlled aggresion.i pick carefully my high speed spots and have the best time at 0-80 . like all big dogs they can bite you hard. oh and i mod my bike because i love the power power corrupts and more power absolutley corrupts.:cool:

Any of you guys ever watch Tool Time? We want more power for the same reason Tim wanted a 50hp lawn mower... :D

... but is your bike fast, MSF? :tounge: hehehe, good ride on Sunday although I don't think I'm a big fan of that Sea-to-Sky highway at all. Way too busy. Add that turbo!

Back