Disappointed with Twist of the Wrist 2 DVD

IG.

Registered
I expected more from it. The whole acting of the two guys, and from kids didn't add any value. All important points were not illustrated as well as I thought they would be. To me, the video didn't add much to my previous knowledge derived from studying and practicing the book. It could have more emphasis on animation and how things work as opposed to showing the riders going through the turns, and you can't make any obvious conclusions.

For example, shots on different lines should've been taken from above and the trajectory of the bike should've been tracked with a dotted line and different lines compared, adding red color to where the throttle is applied. Comparison of lean angles with overlayed shots of two bikes was good though.

When explaining the rate of the turn in, again a different "J" pattern lines should've been drawn and compared, and only then it makes it obvious why the quick turn in is beneficial. Otherwise it sounds like you just gotta turn in quickly and the line/drive out gets better. If you don't already know and understand it, the video leaves you with more questions than answers on this subject.

If you've ever seen any broadcasts on National Geographic or History channel (not sure which one) which explain how things work, that's the kind of level I was hoping for. Not saying the video is useless - just that it adds little to the book itself.

I've read the book several times and have watched the dvd. I agree that some of the acting was pretty lame but it tied in with the book pretty well. It could have been done better but I gained a few things from it. If you have never read the book I believe it would help alot.

i LOLed at the acting but he did point out some things that helped me.

I liked the video... it did put things in perspective for me alil more than the book.
Examples would be, when the bike on the training wheel assembly went through the water puddle at full lean, and when he showed the body movement going over bumps when the guy was relaxed and compared it to when the guy was stiff.

The most impressive thing in the video to me was the dual handlebar bike showing how much countersteering turns the bike. That's what I've gained from the video.

I don't think someone could ride as bad as the two actors in that video like in the beginning, so I think it was great acting from that end anyways.

Would anyone be willing to burn a copy for me so I can see what you guys are talking about. I have the book and have read it and I think the dvd would be neat to have.

Would anyone be willing to burn a copy for me so I can see what you guys are talking about. I have the book and have read it and I think the dvd would be neat to have.

I'll be happy to burn a copy for you for $39.95! :beerchug:

While the acting was poor to say the least, I think most anyone would agree that there is more than $35 worth of info to be had. I got some good pointers from it. The dvd is obviously designed to help average riders who don't have lots of track time. It's certainly not pointed towards well schooled race guys.

I enjoyed it and have watched it a half dozen times.

If you have done the SB courses and read the first book/CD I personally don't think you will get much from this and yes the acting is a joke! If however you have never done a course or read TOTWI then you might find it good reading - personally again I rekon time on the track doing the courses are the best learning tools and use the book as reminder backup etc (def not much better than the first book/dvd though!)(comon Keith surely you can afford real actors LOL)

Back