Twist of the Wrist 2 - the DVD

Just checked; it's $29.95 on eBay and Amazon with free shipping.

Has anyone viewed both DVD's, I and II?

I'm wondering, if I buy DVD II is it worth getting DVD I?

I think you would learn much more from #2 than #1. Buy 2 first and see if you think you need it.

I just saw DVD 2, and I can't believe how much I missed of what people have been trying to explain over the years. The DVD really makes it really easy to fully understand the skills the author is trying to convey. Like...the way it's explained I really can't believe I didn't get it before. The dialogue and acting is just abysmal, but you just look beyond it because the info is golden.

I cannot wait to start working on what theory I've learnt.

Did anyone else think the bloke on the touring red bike was kind of a smug c**t?

The video didn't do much for me. I was kinda disappointed. I did however read the book at least half a dozen times over the years, and comprehended and practiced most of the topics. I say the book is amazing.

Same info though...just choose your vessel.

I got a chance to test some of the techniques I learnt on the black spur.

It felt slower, but I was going faster.

Last edited:
Then that must be one of those 'mini' schools? For the main schools here in the states, you can ride one of their bikes (just upgraded from Kawi 600's to 1000RR's) but it's pretty dang expensive - $2450 for two days! (and I'll bet worth it!)

Superbike School :: BMW S1000RR

Look again at the web site, $2450 is for the 2 day camp. You can do it for a lot less. $390 a day using your gear and bike at some locations. When you consider some track days are $200 it comes down to $190 for the instruction. If you want to look at it that way.
$2450 is the full monty. You get more personal instruction, they have smaller class size. You ride their bike, all the training bikes, gear,video and food included.
I did two day for much less at Miller. I am planning on two more days as part of next years vacation. $800 for two days is not bad when you deduct the track fee you would pay just to be on the track with no instructors.
:thumbsup:

Steve, did you ride your own bike? It's obvious from some of your pics that the instruction was worth it!

If you can't get you a Keith Code school you may check into Jason Pridmore's school. If they have one in your neighborhood, it's first class as well. Jason puts on an impressive on track show on street tires. Very impressive indeed.

Everyone should enroll in a school of some sort. Investing your spare cash into yourself instead of bling is the best anti-crash investment you can make! :beerchug:

Thanks, that is a very good video, easy to understand.
I just downloaded it from the internet for free. Twist of the wrist vol.2 and MV Agusta TWT:thumbsup:

Beings we have such a long winter season up here I was thinking of checking out the California Superbike School this winter. It sucks taking a mandatory 6 months off from riding every year...

I wonder if Kieth code intended his video to be freeware... I've bought Twist I and II + his video. Definitely a plethora of good info in his work and I highly recommend them.

The school is outstanding, in every way. Watch the DVDs, read the books. And attend the school if at all possible. Single day here (Willow Springs, Ca.), on their bike (BMW 1000RR) is around $700 bucks. Your own bike is 390. They'll do a deal on Dunlops (I got a set two years ago for $200). If you need tires, ask them what they can do for you.

Beings we have such a long winter season up here I was thinking of checking out the California Superbike School this winter. It sucks taking a mandatory 6 months off from riding every year...

I wonder if Kieth code intended his video to be freeware... I've bought Twist I and II + his video. Definitely a plethora of good info in his work and I highly recommend them.

Uh, no actually, I wasn't thinking of it being free. Especially when I borrowed $425K to make it. Glad there is someone who respects copyright protection of intellectual property.

Meanwhile, good thread, it came up in my Google alerts and I got interested.

Best part for me is to hear the material (books and DVD) are helping. I just hope no one minds if I make a few bucks for the 35years of research.

Speaking of that. Someone mentioned that they thought the Twist II DVD was going to be very basic but then saw some gems.

I'm curious: what things are considered "basic" or "everyone knows" kind of things.

Thanks,

Keith

Not really what you asked keith, but I think it's important to say for people like me the theory of the basics has been in my mind for as much as 8 years, but it's the significance of these basics that you demonstrated which made the difference.

For example handlebars on the screen of the bike to iterate counter steering drew a much clearer picture for me than any dialogue ever has.

Last edited:
Welcome, Keith! Been hearing/reading about ever since I learned how to ride my Kaw EX-500 back in the late 80's :bowdown:

Not really what you asked keith, but I think it's important to say for people like me the theory of the basics has been in my mind for as much as 8 years, but it's the significance of these basics that you demonstrated which made the difference.

For example handlebars on the screen of the bike to iterate counter steering drew a much clearer picture for me than any dialogue ever has.

That's great. The first Twist DVD gave some life to the words in that book but this one was more difficult in a lot of ways because they had to be so specific.

My question on "what are considered the known basics" is a good one. Sometimes the word gets thrown around but upon questioning some folks go blank if they have to try and describe a basic.

It's almost like they feel them but don't quite know what they are. That's why I'm interested to know.

Keith

Back