Did everyone get in that wanted in?

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
Just a little follow up with the Dave Moss dvd's on suspension.

In case you missed it, the dvd's are available at:

sportbikewrench.com

For a 15% discount use discount code: tufbusa

Also, Keith Code's new dvd "Twist of the Wrist II" is available on this site (Use the same discount code). I purchased this dvd and found it to be full of good sound information about cornering. I'd recommend it to everyone from beginners to hard core track guys. He goes into great detail on the importance of proper throttle control, when to apply throttle and how much etc. Good stuff! :beerchug:

For those of you who purchased Dave's dvd's on suspension, let's hear your feedback!

I just ordered both; saw your and Bogus' comments on their site! Not that I will have any clue what they are talking about....

Tuff, I got mine about a week ago and got to them last night. Have one of those little DVD screens so I was watching it in bed last night waiting for the wife to do her 30 minute makeup, cream...and whatever they do before bed...:whistle: anywho...I only got through the first disc before nighty night...At first I was just blown away by all of the jargon...of course they are words we all have heard..like compression, sag, springs, clicks and such...but Dave Moss goes through how all of that translates to what the tire is doing on the surface...and how very very very very important all of that is...he goes into how all of that can be read on the tires...cold tears versus hot tears...tires skipping versus ploughing...on and on...You will have to watch it several times for all of it to melt into the cellulose that is left upstairs...can't wait to watch it tonight...Tuff...thanks for the heads up...for example...I always thought the "chicken hawks" were all about getting the tires warm before going out on the track for traction...but the other purpose...which is also a very important component of treating a tire correctly are heat cycles...put the chicken hawks on immediately after tracking them so the tire doesn't cool down and go through an additional heat/cooling cycle...D Moss shows what tires look like that go through heat/cool cycles...oily patches very evident on the surface of the tire.. he also describes to us that a chain that doesn't have one inch of slack in it will cause binding during severe braking which will then basically neutralize the rear shock and put all of the stress on the tire...who would have known this as a newbie track racer...great great information...Can't wait to get to bed tonight to see part II...I can't bear to tell my wife it is not all about her:laugh: 2hip

2hip, if you need help keeping up on your homework while you watch your new dvd's, I'm available to help you out! After all, I wouldn't want you getting into trouble with the Missus for your new bedtime interest :whistle:

I'm glad to see you enjoying learning more about your suspension. I too, watched these videos in the evening after I crawled into bed.

You may want to check out Keith Code's "Twist of the Wrist II". I've watched it a half dozen times lately. Like you, it's usually at bedtime.

I think it would be great to start a thread on what guys who purchased the dvd's learned and have a Q & A session after everyone has had time to watch and consume the info? What say you?

Thanks going to order mine tmw.

Tuff, excellent proposition..as long as a failing grade doesn't result in loss of bedroom "E" ticket rides..I'm cool with it:laugh:2hip

Thanks for the heads up. I am a big fan of Keith Code. His book opened my eyes on riding - I was doing everything wrong.

Great idea about Q&A/discussion thread! Should be very stimulating.

Got 'em......I was hoping they would get a little more basic, like some graphs or something. But I got it figured out, I went right out to the garage and turned mine into a pogo stick...............

Got 'em......I was hoping they would get a little more basic, like some graphs or something. But I got it figured out, I went right out to the garage and turned mine into a pogo stick...............

Aussie...mate you are too funny..."pogo stick":rofl::rofl:2hip

Tuf:
Just ordered mine (and Keith Code #II.)
Thanks for the discount brother! :thumbsup:
I'll let you know what I think.

Tuf:
Just ordered mine (and Keith Code #II.)
Thanks for the discount brother! :thumbsup:
I'll let you know what I think.

Please do! Would be nice to hear from everybody once they have watched the dvd's a couple times!

Like you needed it dude!

You are the best corner man on the forum already! :bowdown:

Thanks, But you can never learn to much, Now maybe i can really learn how to do it right. I wanna be able to ride like you and Greg. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back