New copy Twist of the Wrist 2

Gpmo

Registered
Just got my copy. This book is fantastic Think I may have to order a DVD Soon. Thanks to those of you that brought it up in various threads as a must read. :).

The DVD is pretty good, too. Kinda corny at times, but you get to see video where Keith Code explains what he's talking about...

Keith Code isn't the only author of "How to Ride" stuff.

You are correct! Keith is not the only one but he is by far the best. The only reason I buy "Motorcylist" mag is to read the "Keith Code" articles that's in every issue.

But yes, read other stuff as well. Lee Parks for instance, tells you how to manuver around a parking lot but you still learn something!

I've read probably half a dozen books, starting with TOTW II, and I've always advocated that Keith Code's logical and to the point approach was the best one. I do recognize that depending on the reader's personality, this may not be the easiest one to read - at least it was for me. I've re-read it about half a dozen times. And the video he made a while ago didn't do much for me because I already knew all the stuff, and because the video does not really show much of what he is trying to show.

Speaking of Keith Code, I was pleasantly surprised at his observation he conveyed in one of the recent "Motorcyclist" articles - what mood and expectations are the best to have when you come to a track day (and I extend it to "when you go on any ride"). I sort of knew this already and always set the mood to be right whenever I rde. He however took this to the new and concious level.

Simply put, a rider's mindset has a very significant impact on what good and bad might happen on any given ride (or a track day). He also simply defines what is the optimum expectaion to have - simple, effective, and logical. What's not to like.

Back