Why a TRE isn't good for the strip

No i bought it because i was under the impression you got more power with it.

I assume this is due to much less ram air effect at lower speeds? So basically if you go leaner on the 5th gear map, then you will be too lean when you REALLY are in 5th gear
sad.gif

People should friggin point this out when they explaining the benefits of these things i'm pissed i could have paid for 1/4 of my new exhaust with that money.

(stangme01 @ Apr. 22 2007,12:21) No i bought it because i was under the impression you got more power with it.

I assume this is due to much less ram air effect at lower speeds?   So basically if you go leaner on the 5th gear map, then you will be too lean when you REALLY are in 5th gear
sad.gif

People should friggin point this out when they explaining the benefits of these things i'm pissed i could have paid for 1/4 of my new exhaust with that money.
Your bike should run a little smoother in 1-4 gears at slower speeds.

if you have a tre and a custom map, it wont be to rich or lean in any gear if it is tuned right, the only thing it will do is remove the rev limit restriction on 6th gear.
using a tre without a proper tune = bad

The guys at ECS knows Busa tuning . They really do .

Read comments about making more HP after removing a Nikko G-Pack .

eh i don't mind loosing a couple down low, i thought the difference in horsepower was alot more. Now i'm not so worried about the TRE because you know you are getting that HP back at high speeds where you need it anyway
super.gif

(stangme01 @ Apr. 26 2007,17:41) eh i don't mind loosing a couple down low, i thought the difference in horsepower was alot more.  Now i'm not so worried about the TRE because you know you are getting that HP back at high speeds where you need it anyway  
super.gif
You won't gain ANY Horsepower with a TRE
sad.gif

(BA BUSA @ Apr. 26 2007,20:24)
(stangme01 @ Apr. 26 2007,17:41) eh i don't mind loosing a couple down low, i thought the difference in horsepower was alot more. Now i'm not so worried about the TRE because you know you are getting that HP back at high speeds where you need it anyway
super.gif
You won't gain ANY Horsepower with a TRE
sad.gif
I meant i don't mind losing a few hp at low speeds for the benefits of regular driving feel, as well as no speed limiter. I have the GIpro gear indicator with TRE (the TRE is really just an added feature to the gear indicator), so i can turn the TRE off anytime. The gear indicator is what i wanted!

Back