Why a TRE isn't good for the strip

McyMike

Donating Member
Registered
Can someone answer why everyone says a TRE isn't good for the strip? What changes..if it gives you more available power...what's the drawback?

Tick Tock Tick Tock

My understanding is that it does not give more power it remaps all the gears to 5th, this is not optimal for the track as you want to tune the bike to make power in all gears.

But hey I may be wrong.
all_coholic.gif

According to the guy that designed the TRE, Ivan's Performance Products, it should have no effect as it is basically disabled at full throttle.

(McyMike @ Apr. 20 2007,05:08) Can someone answer why everyone says a TRE isn't good for the strip?  What changes..if it gives you more available power...what's the drawback?
It doesn't add any more power...changes the timing in the first 4 gears under 1/2 throttle. Also runs
the 5th gear map which is too rich at slower speeds.

(McyMike @ Apr. 20 2007,08:08) Can someone answer why everyone says a TRE isn't good for the strip?  What changes..if it gives you more available power...what's the drawback?
Don't listen to those guys, they're just teasing you.

To answer your question, the TRE gives you and additional 30hp and 10 ft. lbs/torque ... minimum. With that much more power its difficult to keep the front wheel down. That, my friend, is why you shouldn't use a TRE at the strip.
all_coholic.gif

Too rich at lower speeds? I have a stock bike w a pc3. what should i do to compensate? Don't feel like spending the cash on a custom map till i pick up enough coin to get a full exhuast. Any dyno number befor and after TRE??? I feel more power in 1-2 gear. gotta short shift 1st to avoid a wheelie!!!

(swimmer7946 @ Apr. 21 2007,18:57) Too rich at lower speeds? I have a stock bike w a pc3. what should i do to compensate? Don't feel like spending the cash on a custom map till i pick up enough coin to get a full exhuast. Any dyno number befor and after TRE??? I feel more power in 1-2 gear. gotta short shift 1st to avoid a wheelie!!!
get a dry shot and spray it. that should lean it up enough til you get your full system.
super.gif

(BA BUSA @ Apr. 20 2007,19:11)
lurk.gif
BA Busa- that photo is too hilarious! I think that I saw that tree once, but Mom-in-laws face was on top! Or a ranger in V of Fire, NV, n’est pas? Too funny! Thanks for the LOL!
jump9.gif

what the hell? So i wasted my money on the TRE?

and is there a map that compensates for a TRE + your other mods for the 5th gear map?
sad.gif
This sucks i just paid $150 for that damn GIpro gear indicator/smart TRE

Back