what is the purpose of a TRE

eber820

Registered
i jus came across a TRE for my hayabusa and the guy wants 30 dollars for it. what is the pupose of a TRE is it worth 30 dollars??

A lot of discussion about these through the years. $30 is cheap. I have one the Ivan's TRE's sitting on the shelf too, haven't used it in years. 99-00 won't make a difference. And there are two camps here when it comes to the pro con.

Regardless, these will always be popular I think!
GIpro GI Pro Gear Indicator Advanced TRE Suzuki and Kawasaki motorcycles | Pashnit Moto

busa_gipro_brokeasswhiteboy_400.jpg

busa_gipro_brokeasswhiteboy_400.jpg

The only difference IMO was that the engine ran smoother with the x-tre. Paired it with a nice BMC Race filter.

i jus came across a TRE for my hayabusa and the guy wants 30 dollars for it. what is the pupose of a TRE is it worth 30 dollars??

there are other options if bypassing the speed limiter is your goal.

Cycle

I am want this i have a tre with my Gi Pro Gear Indicator Ran it for a few months an then turned it off. I am wondering if this would be better. I am just guessing that running a 5th gear map in 6 th gear would hurt the overall top speed of the bike. I am clueless on the subject and LSR track is the only place you going to see the difference between the two options anyway.. Since we have an LSR track now an I may end up with both units this could be fun to put the final nail on the coffin on the subject with a few passes:laugh:

I guess this has been discussed to death previously on this forum. I'm kinda new so I'll put my 2 cents in. I have a GIPro TRE on my 01 strictly for LSR purposes. It was installed by the previous owner who did not know a re-flash can do the same thing. One drawback if your not going for top speed is that the 5 gear FI map is used on ALL gears. So you wind up running too rich for street riding. This can lead to premature fouling of your plugs and horrible gas milage. But you can also disable it for street riding. Disconnect the battery for a few minutes and it's cleared. Simple push and hold of the button re-activates the 5th gear mapping. Just my 2 cents.

I guess this has been discussed to death previously on this forum. I'm kinda new so I'll put my 2 cents in. I have a GIPro TRE on my 01 strictly for LSR purposes. It was installed by the previous owner who did not know a re-flash can do the same thing. One drawback if your not going for top speed is that the 5 gear FI map is used on ALL gears. So you wind up running too rich for street riding. This can lead to premature fouling of your plugs and horrible gas milage. But you can also disable it for street riding. Disconnect the battery for a few minutes and it's cleared. Simple push and hold of the button re-activates the 5th gear mapping. Just my 2 cents.

I like the GPS mod (goes behind the clutch) better than the TRE for this reason. It does appear to be more reliable in some cases and also reads 1-5 gear then 5th gear twice, so at least your map and gear reader can show the 1st 4 gears also.

It's only about $10 more but requires the installer pull the clutch to install.

its there to kill your ECU's ability to do anything gear based LOL

If you search TRE here will probably come up with a couple thousand threads. Everyone has their own opinion, in my opinion they work best installed in a trash can.

I hate to see stuff like that. A forum is a place to come ask questions, yea so there are a million and one threads about it. Big deal, help the dude out and answer it for the one millionth +2 time.

I seen an answer to this the other day and it said "nobody forced you to click on the thread".

Forums are for knowledge sharing, plain and simple.

Oh to the new guy :welcome:

Back