Who's Season Is Ending?

have to re paint the fender and nose, guy I bought it from dropped it on his steep driveway so had a little bit of a slide as well, ECU to Frank at Powerhouse for a flash, Yosh full system, PCV and dyno tune, Trunk Mod with Stainless that I Scabbed off of the dishwasher I just replaced, Buell peg mod, Heli bars and double bubble already done and I'll probably attempt to get my Gen 1 corbin pillion seat with backrest to work with the gen 2 by replacing and reinforcing the pan. That's probably it for this year.
Hard to find the colour codes for 09 gold

Season is basically over for us. No salt trucks yet but temps are barely getting past freezing, so cleaned, lubed, gassed up, and battery tenders are hooked up. Covers on means sleep....I may steal a ride if weather changes and roads are clean, but typically done until some good showers wash the road in the spring.

ENzJIYD.jpg

have to re paint the fender and nose, guy I bought it from dropped it on his steep driveway so had a little bit of a slide as well, ECU to Frank at Powerhouse for a flash, Yosh full system, PCV and dyno tune, Trunk Mod with Stainless that I Scabbed off of the dishwasher I just replaced, Buell peg mod, Heli bars and double bubble already done and I'll probably attempt to get my Gen 1 corbin pillion seat with backrest to work with the gen 2 by replacing and reinforcing the pan. That's probably it for this year.
Good mod list

Is that color a US color.

Not sure. The bike was bought in Canada but I would be surprised if there are different colours available between Canada and US.[/QUOTE

I had a gsxr600 from Canada and colors were European colors and not US...

I loved the bike and wish I never sold.
Not a pic of my bike but a pic I found.

367A5F09-4F86-4A9A-95FC-95F8AF28EC97.jpeg

I'm still riding. 70 degrees, 360 days of sunshine, great weather here. When it gets to 60, I'll put a liner under my coat, sun will still be shining. Got me some gerbings heated clothing, will still ride at 50 degrees, love it here coming from Louisiana, rained all year long, rains maybe 3 days here and it's just a drizzle. Moved here to retire and ride, yipeeee!!

Mine ended with a bang, and a broken collarbone. I was following a bus, it pulled over into a bus stop, an suv pulled out blind and stopped. I had less than a second, could only brake. GPS log indicates I was only going 52 km/h - 30 mph. No officil word from insurance, but im certain its done, and I am likely done riding too. 2nd crash ive walked away from whera a bike has dissasembled under me, cant keep on being lucky.

This has been a great community, ive been riding these majestic beasts for 7 years, i just dont see myself hopping back on any time soon.

PACZ0Ld.jpg

55CJrOJ.jpg

mKNIan0.jpg

JsvcO9E.jpg

8MYWzcf.jpg

Mine ended with a bang, and a broken collarbone. I was following a bus, it pulled over into a bus stop, an suv pulled out blind and stopped. I had less than a second, could only brake. GPS log indicates I was only going 52 km/h - 30 mph. No officil word from insurance, but im certain its done, and I am likely done riding too. 2nd crash ive walked away from whera a bike has dissasembled under me, cant keep on being lucky.

This has been a great community, ive been riding these majestic beasts for 7 years, i just dont see myself hopping back on any time soon.

View attachment 1577644
View attachment 1577645
View attachment 1577646
View attachment 1577647
View attachment 1577648
Glad you walked away. The bike crushing is better than you.

Phew man, that looks bad and only 30mph, wow!!. Glad you're ok. I've been riding street bikes since I'm 10 YO. Still here and ok, thank GOD. I ride ultra super defensive. I used to always brake from a bad situation, but now more times, I speed out of a bad situation. I'm 61 and still watch for wheel movement. I see that wheel budge an inch, I shut down or if closer, speed out.

That color sure is tricky. They don’t even list it on colorrite’s website. Is it a pearl color? Here in the states I’ve taken busa fairings to the local NAPA store and had them ID the graphic’s colors with their “gun” and make two aerosol cans, it they couldn’t do the white due to it being a 3 stage pearl color.

View attachment 1577644
View attachment 1577645
View attachment 1577646
View attachment 1577647
View attachment 1577648
That’s a sad sight:banghead:! Sorry to hear this mishap will make you give up riding.

Looks like the SUV driver didn't have seat belt on due to crunched windshield or was that you mikbusa? Also, did they total the bike and what year is it, that's a nice shade of red.

View attachment 1577644
View attachment 1577645
View attachment 1577646
View attachment 1577647
View attachment 1577648
Yikes! Glad you were able to make it through that. It looks like your head hit the windshield?

Back