Who's Season Is Ending?

busa_boy_69

Registered
Well today I finally commited my mind to the fact that riding season is pretty much over here in southwest Ohio. I was just wondering who's in the same agony as me?

Dumped Stabil in the tank and hooked up tbe life support today. Lol

20171121_124507.jpg

I rode today and hope to ride maybe one more day this week. Tire was ice cold and did a couple speed spins on me when I got on it. I looked around like "I meant to do that" lol

I got out today for the first time in about 2 weeks. Only rode for about 1/2 hour before I got cold.

I rode today and hope to ride maybe one more day this week. Tire was ice cold and did a couple speed spins on me when I got on it. I looked around like "I meant to do that" lol

Lol I get it man. A couple years ago when I got this new bike I rode to work in the 30's. I was used to my old Busa having Powers on it and forgot what garbage the stock bridgestones were.

Pulled out of a parking lot and got on it hard showing off and the rear got squirrly and put me in a tank slapper and almost side swiped an oncoming car. Luckily I pulled it out of the slapper but there was no way I could use the "meant to do that" card. It was plain as day......I screwed up.

Funny. I just did my oil change and cleaned/lubed the chain since my riding “season” just started in Florida:poke:! Too hot in the summer to rack up too many miles. I still ride through it, but 50mile short trips at a time.

I feel sorry for you guys cant imagine not riding my bikes for that long of a period of time I ride here in the winter but its not that cold as some of you experience its heating up down here the other day I rode in 30C temps in full leathers and did about 200km round trip and enjoyed the ride as long your moving its not to bad however I do have my limits :laugh: I think twice before I go out if the temps go over 35C :thumbsup:

I understand not riding more than most as MI is not conducive to riding for 4-6 month's out of the year.
This year will be the first year that I become a SNOWBIRD and will be able to ride all Winter long. :race::race::race::race:

Funny. I just did my oil change and cleaned/lubed the chain since my riding “season” just started in Florida:poke:! Too hot in the summer to rack up too many miles. I still ride through it, but 50mile short trips at a time.

You need a Contour seat.
Air flows through it.
Best way to beat the heat!

Riding season definitely ends where I am, Once the roads are graveled you don't want to get back out there until they're swept in the spring it's like riding on marbles so mid November to late March early April. My need for speed switches from two wheel's to two ski's. Going fast is great no matter how you get there.

My season is basically over here in Nebraska, although I never really put the bike away for winter. I just keep some seafoam in it to keep the fuel fresh and get it out when we have a warm day without salt on the roads.

Riding season definitely ends where I am, Once the roads are graveled you don't want to get back out there until they're swept in the spring it's like riding on marbles so mid November to late March early April. My need for speed switches from two wheel's to two ski's. Going fast is great no matter how you get there.
I tried snowboarding for the first time last year and ended up with snow in some “random” places after falling so many times. Even fell getting off the lift and the guy was screaming at me to get out of the way. I got the hang of it by the end of the day, but I was embarrassed seeing all the little kids flying by me. Lol! I’ll just stick to riding motorcycles.

I tried snowboarding for the first time last year and ended up with snow in some “random” places after falling so many times. Even fell getting off the lift and the guy was screaming at me to get out of the way. I got the hang of it by the end of the day, but I was embarrassed seeing all the little kids flying by me. Lol! I’ll just stick to riding motorcycles.

I did the same thing the other week. And we got a day it was 40 in the morning and 55 for a high and ride her to work. I got caught in rain on he way home. But I keep watching and hoping for the last few times I will get her out.

On this sight there are some tough guys that ride in cold weather.

One good thing about down time doing upgrades are not painful when there is 3ft of snow in the ground.

What mods do you have planned

Back