Who Rode Today?

I basically did the same route I did yesterday except I did it in reverse direction today plus added in a run to fill my tank. So today was 44 miles saw a few others bikes out all cruisers or gold wings. I didn’t take a pic today but I’m going to cheat and include the one below I took awhile back as I did pass that exact spot today lol. Can’t let the Florida guys think they are the only ones riding these days lol.

Temp about 50 and sunny
No deer!
No state troopers
Roads nice an dry
No major hazards
Top speed 10,000 rpm in 3rd for a few seconds (had to let those secondary injectors get some work:super:)

3D213EE6-6C34-4445-A0CA-61782733435E.jpeg

Got in a spontaneous and quick 34 miles today in between errands and other chores, temp was about 48 degrees or so. Had a cat dart across the road in front of me but had plenty of time to react and adjust was doing 90+ at the time lol. No pics this time. A quick “just because ride” though the laughter and giggles in my helmet were priceless. Loved inhaling that crisp cool air too.

Got in a Christmas Eve ride of 50 miles, temp here was nice! 63 degrees and sunny, it rained all of yesterday so secondary roads were wet in some areas. Wife decided to ride so the pace was pretty ordinary and relaxed. I bet I didn’t see much over 5000 rpm today while riding. Only wildlife were a few wild turkeys today. Only took this one pic as we didn’t have much time. There’s a really nice curve that is decreasing in elevation right before this small pond I should’ve taken from a bit further back it’s a nice bit of scenery.

1B32CE67-A575-4BC6-A464-B61C09674BF1.jpeg

It was 60 degrees this morning but by the time I rode it had dropped to 50 and was pretty dang cold. All my hooligan buddies begged out of the ride so I ended up going solo. I rode the Back Bay route that is mainly swamp lands, great curvy roads, and usually no traffic. Today there were a lot of cars for some reason, and the cops had a bit more presence than usual. Still I got to stretch things out a bit and had some fun.

Man is this bike good. The Busa engine is a marvel to ride and never disappoints. The Ohlins suspension is sublime. The bike is always composed and confidence inspiring. The brakes are massive. I got to do some max braking tests today and the bike can go from 100 to 30 mph or so instantly - pretty amazing. Also played with the thumb brake. It's been a bear to setup and it's still not perfect. Just use the fronts to get near the turning speed, then feather the thumb brake (rear) and the bike literally pivots. I actually had to adjust my line a few times because the bike turned so quickly. Now this is nothing earth shattering, you rear brakers do this all the time. But I never had this fine control of the rear and too much rear brake is potentially destabilizing.

On the other hand, the Rizoma mirrors continue to keep me in the dark on what's behind me. I'm pretty much going back to the GSXR1K mirrors. Also the shifter is in an awkward position since I lowered the mounting of the Sato's. I need a longer shift rod, but I'm waiting for resolution of the QS situation though as that will add length to the rod.

Next big thing to tackle is a tank bag or something. I need to get the radar back on the bike. Cop presence on my "track" is way up. Apparently there were 5-6 deaths on these roads and the cops are determined to run the hooligans away.

That's about it. Hoping to do a lot of riding this week if the weather holds out.

It was 60 degrees this morning but by the time I rode it had dropped to 50 and was pretty dang cold. All my hooligan buddies begged out of the ride so I ended up going solo. I rode the Back Bay route that is mainly swamp lands, great curvy roads, and usually no traffic. Today there were a lot of cars for some reason, and the cops had a bit more presence than usual. Still I got to stretch things out a bit and had some fun.

Man is this bike good. The Busa engine is a marvel to ride and never disappoints. The Ohlins suspension is sublime. The bike is always composed and confidence inspiring. The brakes are massive. I got to do some max braking tests today and the bike can go from 100 to 30 mph or so instantly - pretty amazing. Also played with the thumb brake. It's been a bear to setup and it's still not perfect. Just use the fronts to get near the turning speed, then feather the thumb brake (rear) and the bike literally pivots. I actually had to adjust my line a few times because the bike turned so quickly. Now this is nothing earth shattering, you rear brakers do this all the time. But I never had this fine control of the rear and too much rear brake is potentially destabilizing.

On the other hand, the Rizoma mirrors continue to keep me in the dark on what's behind me. I'm pretty much going back to the GSXR1K mirrors. Also the shifter is in an awkward position since I lowered the mounting of the Sato's. I need a longer shift rod, but I'm waiting for resolution of the QS situation though as that will add length to the rod.

Next big thing to tackle is a tank bag or something. I need to get the radar back on the bike. Cop presence on my "track" is way up. Apparently there were 5-6 deaths on these roads and the cops are determined to run the hooligans away.

That's about it. Hoping to do a lot of riding this week if the weather holds out.

View attachment 1610231

View attachment 1610232

View attachment 1610233

View attachment 1610234
Nice wee write up there Arch, so good to see you are getting out on the Busa and enjoying it's finesse and charms . . . unlike the great behemoth that is now permanently docked in your garage . . sorry, couldn't resist that lmao!

Nice wee write up there Arch, so good to see you are getting out on the Busa and enjoying it's finesse and charms . . . unlike the great behemoth that is now permanently docked in your garage . . sorry, couldn't resist that lmao!
Some movement on the BMW. They have fixed a few of them overseas so at least there is something in the works. Got to admit though between global warming and the Busa I'm not missing the Beemer this winter.

How old is the battery?
At least 4 years. Had been riding it fairly regularly during the summer/early fall, but haven't in the last couple of months. It's charging now, so we will see what happens.

At least 4 years. Had been riding it fairly regularly during the summer/early fall, but haven't in the last couple of months. It's charging now, so we will see what happens.
Yea, 4 years...sounds almost like it's due....that is something you don't want to mess around with as it might leave you stranded....and that sucks....

View attachment 1610231

View attachment 1610232

View attachment 1610233

View attachment 1610234
Bike looks real good. Have always liked the Bagster bags/tank covers. They don't have a cover that would match your custom paint, but they do have an attachment system for the bags on all bikes. Link here: EASY ROAD

Here's a tank bag that would work and be a great complement color-wise. EVOSIGN

Last edited:
Back