Who Makes The Best Turbo Kit?

OB_Billy V

Registered
I'm thinking of a turbo kit for my Hayabusa. Who makes the best kit for street application? Fit and finish is important as well as reliability. Thanks in advance.

Plane and simple, the McXpress/ATS system. Its probably the most expensive($7000), but it is the best put together and streetable kit. Call Mark at ATS and he will give you all the details if you are really interested.http://www.americanturbo.com/

Hapo: The reason that the MC Express kit is better then the others is it is intercooled, and comes with another set of injectors. Mr, Turbo and Hahn use nonintercooled systems with stock injectors, which a turbo Busa is only good for up to around 300 hp with the stock injectors. The BAD turbo does use an intercooler, but it also uses stock injectors and the intercooler is stuffed under the tank.

Dragabusa: Dont kid yourself into thinking that the Hahn turbo kit on Gary's bike is the same one you will buy from Hahn. I talked to Bill Hahn in Colombus and he said they have gotten 304 hp from the turbo kit he will be offering to the public, but it will not sell with that much hp, but it is good for that much.

Paul

thats probably because he is the only one in the shootout class running a turbo hayabusa..and it happens to be a hahn system.
Peak hp doesnt mean anything..its the amount under the line that counts.

Team Flint...
I have a couple questions for you since you are familiar with the hahn turbosystem.
What turbocharger is used on garys bike? Is it not a TD06-20G-7CM2C . Is it modified(clipped wings,lightened blades big wastegate valve etc?)? How much boost will the turbo put out without breaking the efficiency level. IS this the same turbo on the system available to the public? How streetable is this system? How much boost does gary run? Is it an aftermarket fuel injection system on his bike. Is this the same system for 3495.00
Do you have to run race gas?

thanks in advance!

RPMPower is probably right, Billy.

Come on, Man, you go first. If you get it and have a good result, I'll have to do it too. Ducmanic was talking about getting one six months ago. If we get 'em before he does, we could ride up to Stir Crazy and wave our Turbo Busas under his nose. That would be way too much fun!! :)

[This message has been edited by Mr Bear (edited 25 May 2000).]

i sell the mc exp systems installed for $6000.only one more available in upcoming batch coming in 3 weeks.i'll be testing mine in a month or so.i will also offer 1360 turbo pistons in a month or so.the kits range from 280 hp pump gas on up to your testicular limits.

www.nxtlevelracing.com

mcxpress turbo system 5400.00

If you live close to Motorhead you can purchase from him..he is now a dealer of ours offering everything we offer turbos,turbosystems,intercoolers,turbo upgrades etc!

Like he said only 1 more available

I was thinking of a turbo to help push my 200 lbs. Went on the Protein Power diet (book was $6.99), lost 20 lbs and still falling. Going to spend the turbo money more sensibly on wine women and song. Turbo would be nicethough, can't have too much Horse Power.

...any of you have a clue as to WHY your favorite turbo unit is "the best"? This crap sounds like cheap add copy...

the hahn turbo seems to be the only one with real numbers coming in. check out gary wardowski's bike, it went 8:26 @ 176mph. that's making power.

RPMPOWER?? American Turbo??

Thats not like ATP American Turbo Pac?

My friend has a 900 Kawi,done by ATP fastest bike I ever been on ! On the wheelie bars the hole way . He run 30lbs boost on blue gas! Is there anything wrong with the Mr.Turbo system if you go to an adjustable waste gate?

Seb, don't forget Gary is from Flint. From what I understand Hahn offers a shootout system and a more "streetable" system. Gary's bike has the shootout system, but the wick STILL has not been turned all the way up yet. In any case the numbers produced from an otherwise stock motor are incredible. For a purpose built dragbike the Hahn shootout system looks good, but it sounds like it wouldn't come cheap ($$$ and R&D). For a bike that is also street driven the best choice by far appears to be the McXpress system. It would be VERY interesting to see what the McXpress system would run on Gary's chassis.

[This message has been edited by GSXRTURBO1 (edited 29 May 2000).]

Oh man....the numbers produced by GARY are incredible I agree. And yes I know that Gary is from team Flint but who was mr. teamflint?
It is just that you cannot compare what is on Garys bike to the street system offered.2 different animals,hehehe. I would like to see the street system run at the track! Without the aftermarket fuel injection system. But hey if ya need all out balls to the walls gobs of hp HAHN Racecraft will deliver!

Back