Looking for comments, hp, et\'s, etc. on 3-4mm piston kit...

OB_GSXRboy

Registered
Anyone in here who has a 3 or 4mm big bore kit in their bikes I'm interested in any comments you have, dyno sheets, hp numbers, best et, etc. Please list other mods you have along with your piston kit also, cams or head etc. I'm thinking of a 3-4mm kit for this winter and maybe some web cams just want to hear the pros and cons. I've heard mixed opinions on both as far as reliability and heating problems. Let me know what you think!?!?!

Thanks everyone,
Ken

Im using the 4mm over kit and the Cometic 85mm spring type head gasket. Compression is set at just over 12:1. Also using the big Web-cams. There isnt a lot of space between the cylinders with this kit, but so far it is working fine. Still really breaking it in, so I cant speak to its long term reliability. The 3mm is probably a better choice for long term use, and if its a street bike keeping the compression to a reasonable level will help in controlling the amount of additional heat produced.

I'LL DO FULL TESTING RESUTS ON THE TURBO SYSTEM FROM MC EXPRESS IN SHORT ORDER.MINE HAS BEEN SHIPPED ALREADY AND I EXPECT IT IN A FEW DAYS.MAN I CANNOT WAIT TO GET THIS SLUG MOVING FASTER.

[This message has been edited by MOTORHEAD (edited 16 July 2000).]

FRANK ONE THING WITH ME AND TURBOS WE GO WAY WAY BACK.THESE SYSTEMS ARE VERY VERY USER FRIENDLY.IT WILL BE AWSOME WITH THE OVERDRIVE GEARS TOO.IT WILL BE HARD TO TOUCH ME ON THE FREEWAY.MINE IS NOT REAL LONG ONLY 4 OVER NOW SO IT SHOULD BE A BLAST.MY GOAL IS FOR LOW MAINTENANCE WITH A KNOCK OUT PUNCH.

MH, good luck. I'm sure getting that new system dialed in will be a chore!

Are you getting the larger injectors with your system?

GSXRboy....Only dyno test was a very quick pull. Motor is a tad on the lean side. I didnt have a PC2 when it was dyno'd (just got it last week). We used a Yosh box to set it to +10 +10 +10. You need to know that I am also using a crank with an additional 3mm stroke and a stock exhaust pipe. 181 HP and 113 ft lbs. I think theres a low 190 in it with a PC2 and more fuel pressure. Should know in a week or so.

done 100 road miles, 13 standing miles, approx. 50 quarters with 84mm bore and 71.5mm stroke, no problems with heat or head gasket (stock opened out). 13.2:1 comp. starter motor troubles though?

SEB THATS OK WITH ME!YA GET THE A WHEEL FROM TJ YET?THATTS MY NEXT STEP.I JUST WANT A 7.5"BEADLOCK.OH BY THE WAY SEB NOT ON THE FREEWAY .REMEMBER I HAVE OVERDRIVE GEARS!18-38 GEARING TOO!

Damn..always got something dont ya!!hehehehe
I have had the beadlock for a while now!I went with a 7inch this time...eliminates alot of offsetting for the sprocket and frame clearance issues. Well now I have to come up with something else..hhhhhmmmmm
seb

Yes frank you are right...330+hp on a stock motor cant be touched ! As for dialing in the turbo system..there is no need as it is already set up. Yes some fuel can be taken off the bottom due to the drop in compression but thats about it. The additional injectors are activated via a pressure switch and the fuel is then run thru a custom made pressure compensated regulator to the injectors. The turbo system when develpoed is set up on a superflow engine dyno..with water brake etc! This is where they develop the system and set the fueling!
seb

Tom McQueen - What kind of HP are you making with that 4mm kit???

bigabusa - I've heard that with the big bore kits the starters have a hard time, especially when the motor is hot. Like Frank mentioned get the Orient Express starter cover and it should help out a lot.

Frank - I put a lot of thought into a turbo after seeing Gary's run but I just have never really cared for the turbos. They always seem so tempermental of the street or with weather change. Anyhow your running a 3mm because your 4mm blew up correct? Are you runnning the stock fuel system and injectors?

Thanks for your comments everyone.

1390's(3mm) make about 5hp more then 1360's. And 1430's(4mm) make about 5hp more then the 3mm.
These are honest figures(#'s).

Do yourself a favor and put a turbo on the motor you already have!

That is good advice! ( Right Seb?)(NLR)

Sebby,
I´l send you a KKK K27 turbo, then you´l
have turbo for 500hp or so.....
Like anybody would need that....ehe

/ Christer

Does anyone have a map for a 1390 by chance??? I'm waiting to get to the dyno shop so I can tune my Busa in and would love it if someone had something close I could use until then!?!?!?!

frank adams - Are you running the short, long, or mixed stacks on your busa?

For that matter what is everyone else running on their Big Bore Busas???

Thanks

Back