Who knows what about motorcycle alarms?

That's the same alarm I installed on semi's Busa. He seems happy with it. Definately get the optional perimiter sensor for it. The remote kill may come in handy as well. If you aren't confident in you wiring skills, the factory plugin kit is a nice to have.

Have the sr-i500 on both bikes with no complaints. Lots of others have them and some have the Gorilla alarm. Don't know of anyone that has anything bad to say about the Scorpio though.

scorpio here
beerchug.gif

I have the prior generation scorpio. The perimeter sensor can be a pain in the ass depending on where you park. If your close to a sidewalk, it goes off with every person that walks by and I have mine adjusted pretty low. I will tell you that they can eat your battery if your not running your bike at least once a week. I let mine set for a month and the battery was gone. Course it was set with the alarm on. Now if it is not going to be rode for more than two weeks, I put the tender on it to keep the juice up. Just some things to think about. But I would never have a bike without one again.

I have the prior generation scorpio. The perimeter sensor can be a pain in the ass depending on where you park. If your close to a sidewalk, it goes off with every person that walks by and I have mine adjusted pretty low. I will tell you that they can eat your battery if your not running your bike at least once a week. I let mine set for a month and the battery was gone. Course it was set with the alarm on. Now if it is not going to be rode for more than two weeks, I put the tender on it to keep the juice up. Just some things to think about. But I would never have a bike without one again.
+1

I installed the gorilla on mine has all the functions and is half the price I recommend it

aaa.JPG

I600, no problems here. Now that I have one, I will always have an alarm on my bike.
thumb_up.gif

Do your homework, for sure. I like my SRi-500 alarms, one on each bike, but I'm thinking I could have had something for less money with all those same capabilities.

Regardless, I've dropped my remote several times and it's nearly falling apart but the crazy thing still works!

--Wag--

Do your homework, for sure. --Wag--
+1000, first figure out what level of security you feel you need in your environment; then decide how much $$ you want to spend to safeguard your bike...after that, fire up the SEARCH MODE in here and Im sure you'll find enuf info to make your decision easy
cool.gif

Im running a Cycleprotect.com alarm system because I wantd GPS tracking that only I could monitor...anybody else lookin might be a lil disturbed by my 'cruising speeds'
SHOCKED.gif

Back