Who is fooling who ??

Nah, they don't control the prices .... Wonder where ExxonMobil got the $10 billion in profits (yeah, I said it ... profits) from last quarter? Guess it was just a really, really, really good three months. And I guess they also blew through all of it, so they had to lay off the people who really work for a living.

You got that right! Hey.. big oil :moon:

Oh, yeah ... no "loans." I say we BUY a piece of the oil companies from any "bailout" money.

There will probably never be an oil bailout, since there never has been.. Oil Companies have made huge profits lately, but are also the top taxpayers as well.. Shouldn't we own a piece of all the companies we are bailing out now ?? Why are we not in an uproar over the Hundreds of BILLIONS of dollars we are giving the banks, Insurance Companies, Etc.. Most everyone on here complains about high Insurance rates, but no one seems to be too bothered by the bailout which is 100% taxpayer funded... ???

I'm no expert; just Joe the Plumber. It's been stated that production is being lowered because of the " low prices at the pump ". Excuse me but they were producing when it was .50 cents a gallon and in more recent history when it was a buck a gallon. It's not that they can't produce oil for this price it's that they don't want to.

As far as blaming emerging countries and the lack of refineries. There is no shortage of oil in this country, no true shortage anyway. No lines, no rationing.

I don't know who to blame other than me. Our economy is driven by the cost of energy. I'm surprised our economy dealt with the pump prices as long as it did.

I wish all those employed by the oil industry well. We all need our jobs and each other.

Nothing wrong with
the free market system ;

It is working right now .

People have started saving gas
and the prices are falling
through the floor .

Of course there is that
one little thing for me .

About six years ago
our president started
talking alternative energy
and prices started rising