Who is fooling who ??

Just to get on topic a little... I work for a private oil services related contractor and NO, we have never had or even been offered a bailout.. We have all but gone out of business several times when oil prices slumped and all drilling came to a screeching halt, but have never been offered or took a dime from anyone... There are more people who rely on "Good" oil prices than just the "Big Oil" companies...

On another note.. I think we are all about to find out how volatile the energy field can really be here shortly... I believe we will be seeing some things here soon that none of us will like.. I for one would like to see a "Fair" oil price which provides a good living for those in the field, and a good price for everyone at the pump... Guess that is just my "Perfect World" which will probably never happen...:laugh: I think $75.00 a barrel would be just about right...:beerchug:

Nah, they don't control the prices .... Wonder where ExxonMobil got the $10 billion in profits (yeah, I said it ... profits) from last quarter? Guess it was just a really, really, really good three months. And I guess they also blew through all of it, so they had to lay off the people who really work for a living.

:rofl:

Believe me, I'm not their cheerleader,but If they controlled it why would they let it go down ?? As far as laying people off, yeah that really sucks azz, because me and my fellow workers are the first to be cut... Oh well, it's not the first time and not the last..

BTW.. Who does control the prices, and how do they do it ?? I must just be stupid because I haven't been able to figure it out.. Free trade, speculation, OPEC, imports ??? That's a big bag of folks to "Control"..

Oh, yeah ... no "loans." I say we BUY a piece of the oil companies from any "bailout" money.

:thumbsup::beerchug:

In my area, we have CO-OP Cotton Gins, and everyone who uses it pays their fair share based on that use.. An "Employee" owned oil corporation for America is not a bad idea.. Fair prices, fair treatment for employees, everyone has a stake in seeing things done right and fair...:beerchug:

I know, this system we have really sucks the big one.... The whole free market capitalist system really sucks azz.. We should go Communist like Russia and everybody could have the same great life !!! :beerchug:

Just think, no more Police Officer Unions, Fire fighter Unions, AutoMaker Unions, Big Oil Profits, In fact, NO profits period... No more pissing and moaning. Sounds like paradise to me !!!:thumbsup::beerchug:

Nothing wrong with the free market system; it's working right now. People have started saving gas and the prices are falling through the floor.

Of course there is that one little thing for me. @ six years ago our president started talking alternative energy and prices started rising like never in the history of our country; that is until two months before this presidential election. I'm just saying :poke:

That's the whole problem... nothing's ever been done right and fair - we have crooks and theives controlling way TOO much of this country's interests, so here we are.

Nothing wrong with the free market system; it's working right now. People have started saving gas and the prices are falling through the floor.

Of course there is that one little thing for me. @ six years ago our president started talking alternative energy and prices started rising like never in the history of our country; that is until two months before this presidential election. I'm just saying :poke:

So what do you think has been the driving force in oil prices dropping, and do you think this is a sign of what the future holds ?? ( As far as low prices ) ??

I'm a little confused by what you said, but are you saying that Obama will keep the prices low for us ?? If so, do you want to place a wager on that ??

That's the whole problem... nothing's ever been done right and fair - we have crooks and theives controlling way TOO much of this country's interests, so here we are.

:thumbsup: Yessir... I'm sick of the Bullshid and all the thievery, and would like to see things done fairly... I know it is a fairy tale, but we all have to have something to believe in...:bowdown::beerchug:

So what do you think has been the driving force in oil prices dropping, and do you think this is a sign of what the future holds ?? ( As far as low prices ) ??

I'm a little confused by what you said, but are you saying that Obama will keep the prices low for us ?? If so, do you want to place a wager on that ??

That's not what I said at all. What I said is everyone around me is using less gas to include every other citizen owning a moped now.

And the fact that gas prices started rising very soon after talk of alternative energy and fell nearly six years increases in as many weeks prior to the election. But that had nothing to do with Obama, McCain was still around at that point.

I know, this system we have really sucks the big one.... The whole free market capitalist system really sucks azz.. We should go Communist like Russia and everybody could have the same great life !!! :beerchug:

Just think, no more Police Officer Unions, Fire fighter Unions, AutoMaker Unions, Big Oil Profits, In fact, NO profits period... No more pissing and moaning. Sounds like paradise to me !!!:thumbsup::beerchug:

It gets more and more ironic as you pull back and view the bigger picture. Here in the States the Government has done just about everything possible to put oil companies out of business. Yet they are critical to our prosperity and well being. We want cheap gas but we refuse to build refineries.

The stress on the oil markets is due to increased demand from developing third world nations. Why? Because we are sending our manufacturing jobs and many others over to them. Their masses now have bucks to spend and they want cars, a/c's, expresso machines and the juice to run them.

Can't blame them, but it's in a large part our own doing. We have created our own competition and now we are going to suffer because of it. They have our jobs, our money and our oil.

WW III is going to be an economic war, Osama knows it, thats why he punched out the WTC. OPEC knows it, they've been probing us for decades. Oil is the world currency and the US is overdrawn. Cut off our oil supply and we won't have an economy. Wonder what we'll think of EVIL BIG OIL then.

:rofl: You know it brutha, I drill oil and gas wells !!! Right now we have already started laying people off because the oil companies are cutting back on drilling due to oil prices dropping.. Guess they don't control the prices like everyone thought after all huh ??? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

screw the oil companies, they are largely part of the reason the economy is where it is right now. when your gas bill for the month is comparable to the car note how can you be expected to pay your mortgage? i hope it goes to 5 dollars a barrell

screw the oil companies, they are largely part of the reason the economy is where it is right now. when your gas bill for the month is comparable to the car note how can you be expected to pay your mortgage? i hope it goes to 5 dollars a barrell

I think you are off track brutha, but it's all good... Gas prices to blame for record foreclosures ??? Thought that was bad banking for mortgages, but who knows...

$5 a barrel ?? :rofl: You will be walking at that rate, trust me.... You might think they will still make gas for you to drive on, but they will laugh at you and me both and flip us the bird... Force an oil company to provide you gas in the free world, and let me know how it works for you... Do you remember gas rationing in the 70's ???:beerchug:

Last edited:
That's not what I said at all. What I said is everyone around me is using less gas to include every other citizen owning a moped now.

And the fact that gas prices started rising very soon after talk of alternative energy and fell nearly six years increases in as many weeks prior to the election. But that had nothing to do with Obama, McCain was still around at that point.

OK... Just didn't quite know how to interpret your post.. I'm afraid we are all about to get a big one in the buns as far as all energy goes...:(

It gets more and more ironic as you pull back and view the bigger picture. Here in the States the Government has done just about everything possible to put oil companies out of business. Yet they are critical to our prosperity and well being. We want cheap gas but we refuse to build refineries.

The stress on the oil markets is due to increased demand from developing third world nations. Why? Because we are sending our manufacturing jobs and many others over to them. Their masses now have bucks to spend and they want cars, a/c's, expresso machines and the juice to run them.

Can't blame them, but it's in a large part our own doing. We have created our own competition and now we are going to suffer because of it. They have our jobs, our money and our oil.

WW III is going to be an economic war, Osama knows it, thats why he punched out the WTC. OPEC knows it, they've been probing us for decades. Oil is the world currency and the US is overdrawn. Cut off our oil supply and we won't have an economy. Wonder what we'll think of EVIL BIG OIL then.

Yep... I'm afraid we are about to experience some things we could have never imagined 20 years ago... I hope we don't, but I'm afraid it is inevitable...

USA was a pretty good country to live in when i was younger, now its ****.
If you disagree with what i said, name three good things about this country the way it is now? Then name three bad things.
I am 45 yrs old and as far as you younger ones go, you just dont know.

Three good things?

Three bad things? and i will name a thousand more.

We're gonna run Busa's on alcohol ????......YESSSSSSssssssssss....... :oldcool:

:rofl: You know it brutha, I drill oil and gas wells !!! Right now we have already started laying people off because the oil companies are cutting back on drilling due to oil prices dropping.. Guess they don't control the prices like everyone thought after all huh ??? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I know I can be paranoid sometimes. But it sounds like the tail is waggin the dog.

When the gas was 4 to 5 bucks a gallon they were making record profits. Now its down to under 2 bucks and their profits aren't as much and they are freaking.

Someone else said this better than me in another thread, but the bottom line is that (most of) the oil companies are publicly traded, so they're ultimately responsible to their stockholders. So, although the stockholders "technically" control them, it's really the major stockholders who control the boards of directors.

I feel if we bail anyone out, we need a say in how the money is spent. It doesn't do anyone any good to give gifts that will simply continue to go down the toilet. And having a say means protecting the people who broke their backs to build the company, from the bottom to the top.

Last edited:
Back