who has just installed pistons?without cams etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OB_THE MOTORHEAD

Registered
i am goig to put a 1390 motor in a bike next week and i was curious who else has done pistons and left everything else stock.i'll do it like this first then add a pipe later then cams but without doing head work just to see what realy gives this motor power and how much.i'm hopin to get around 180 hp with the kit and a pipe.and not loose but gain power from top to bottom.orient express has supplied me with the block and the pistons areJ/E 12.8-1 84 mm.let the games begin!!

Were definately gonna be using richards cams, they have 2 grinds.
1360 with 12.2:1 is the one we want.

Dees vill be vellly interesting...der motorhead vill tell us vere ve get der powerski?

Rick Stetson from Harry's Machiened Parts in MA makes a "1400" motor with stock heads, and claims he is getting close to 200 hp with them...

AS LONG AS ITS BETTER THEN ALL THE BIKES I'VE SEEN HIM DO.LIKE BUCKETS THAT BOTTOM IN THE HEAD AND CAM TIMING NOT SET EVEN CLOSE AND IGNITION TIMING AT 46 DEGREASE ADVANCE ON A TURBO BIKE.AND MORE WHERE THOSE CAME FROM.HIS WORKMANSHIP AS FAR AS A WRENCH ON CUSTOMERS BIKES IS A JOKE AND A BAD ONE TOO.

Has anyone here have the Yoshimura 12.5:1 piston kit installed in their busa? Planning on getting one, just wanted to find out any good or bad remarks about it. thx.

WOW!! bet that turbo melted some pistons....should have been around 26-28 degrees....Its amazing what crap comes out of these shops sometimes

...so you would advise against using Harry's to insall a turbo? I have no expierience with them...just going on a recomendation...I did not feel qualified to insatll one and though I might be better off a Harry's that at my dealer's service dept...I had the idea they had a good reputation...I am not challenging your observations, but would appreiciate more info about the bikes you saw...?

what happend next is someone tells you that you posted on a 6 year old thread!
tounge.gif

Yes, I do have a Yosh piston kit 12.5:1 on my Busa and it has a monster torque curve. I also have a TRS Yosh with a Powers commander. My busa dyno at 198hp and 110 fpt. I am waiting for that new Kaw 1400........LOL:angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back