More hp

Sparky405

Registered
Anyone know of any ways to get more power without Turbo or nitrous just motor only? I was looking at this place called carpenter racing where they have different packages for adding horsepower I believe the first was head work then the others were pistons and cams . Just curious is it if anybody here has done any of this yet

Anyone know of any ways to get more power without Turbo or nitrous just motor only? I was looking at this place called carpenter racing where they have different packages for adding horsepower I believe the first was head work then the others were pistons and cams . Just curious is it if anybody here has done any of this yet
Carpenter Builds big HP but is $$$
Knecum Builds a hell of a motor
HMP
and many many others including site sponsors
Often I miss the hot rodded motor with a 80 shot

I was thinking the 1397 build would be enough I've never owned or rode anything turbo so not sure if that's more maintainance or not I just want a little more horsepower while still being able ride the streets

1397 is a great motor. You could just throw nitrous on the stock motor for now. I sprayed a 60 shot on my stock motor but now I have a 1397 with a 55 shot. Hope to increase the jets this year if the track ever opens up. Money is the key in what you want to do. You can build a 1397 pretty cheap if your handy. But booting on a turbo kit is much easier. But then you run into the problem of finding a good tuner. Rob at boosted cycle performance would be top choice around here. You could spray the stock motor but will have to refill bottles and your only fast when the bottle is full. Sit down and figure out how much you want to spend. And start pricing everything out. With more power you will have new problems.

Il probably have someone build or buy one already built . There's a bike shop that sales modified bikes I seen a couple that have engines that were built by carpenter racing but the ones I've seen were ZX14. Their ad said not for inexperienced Riders
The Gen2 is a longer stroke. With your 3mm bore you would have 1441 instead of 1397. You would want to look at different rods, but even the Gen2 rod if you aren't going over 300 hp is good enough. With a Gen2 rod and piston you wouldn't need a block spacer. With Gen1 rods you would need a spacer.

I agree, it is better to have someone experienced to build it. I've built lots of automotive engines, rebuilt auto transmissions, etc. but do everything on my bikes except motor work. I'm sure I could learn but there are a number of little things to learn and a few more special tools I don't have so for the frequency I need motor work it is better to just pay for it.

The Gen2 is a longer stroke. With your 3mm bore you would have 1441 instead of 1397. You would want to look at different rods, but even the Gen2 rod if you aren't going over 300 hp is good enough. With a Gen2 rod and piston you wouldn't need a block spacer. With Gen1 rods you would need a spacer.

I agree, it is better to have someone experienced to build it. I've built lots of automotive engines, rebuilt auto transmissions, etc. but do everything on my bikes except motor work. I'm sure I could learn but there are a number of little things to learn and a few more special tools I don't have so for the frequency I need motor work it is better to just pay for it.
I agree

1397 is a great motor. You could just throw nitrous on the stock motor for now. I sprayed a 60 shot on my stock motor but now I have a 1397 with a 55 shot. Hope to increase the jets this year if the track ever opens up. Money is the key in what you want to do. You can build a 1397 pretty cheap if your handy. But booting on a turbo kit is much easier. But then you run into the problem of finding a good tuner. Rob at boosted cycle performance would be top choice around here. You could spray the stock motor but will have to refill bottles and your only fast when the bottle is full. Sit down and figure out how much you want to spend. And start pricing everything out. With more power you will have new problems.

when you say you sprayed the stock motor is that completely stock? and what nitrous system was you using?

I sprayed a 60 shot on a stock motor. It was all stock. Stock head gasket, head studs, cams, valve train, transmission. I had a clutch mod and stiffer springs. It went 9.0x at 15x mph on spray with a bad 60 foot.
I've been looking for a cheap nitrous system to put on the busa, was it a fogger system or spray bar?

Back