Who gets the most miles out of rear tires?

skater69

Registered
Just talking about regular street riding (no dragstrip or track) whether that's fairly aggressive or not.

How many miles and what tire? Also how many miles are you getting from the front?
Thx,

Continental Force MAX

1 set a year, on my second set. About 8k...? Still had flesh on 'em when I got new. Was going on a 1k mile trip and wanted new skin.

picture of them...  They do not have tread on the edges, to make the grip better when way out there.
cont_contiforce_max_tires.gif

2 factors of tire longevity, my opinion

1) Type tire;
Touring, sport touring, sport, and race.

2) How you ride.

I have used 5 different brands and get the same results(close to) in mileage.  I don't think brand matters on longevity.

Just because I get 3,000miles out of pilot powers(front and rear) doesn't mean that's all you'll get out of them.  Many guys/gals on the board get over 7,500 miles out of their pilot powers, difference is in how you ride.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127856909 -->

15K and some change on the stock shoes....
blush.gif

7k and some change on my 1st set of M1s....
blush.gif
blush.gif

on my second rear M1 at 26K and some change with lots left....
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
wow.gif
tounge.gif

blush.gif

blush.gif

blush.gif

blush.gif

blush.gif

2 factors of tire longevity, my opinion

1) Type tire;
Touring, sport touring, sport, and race.

2) How you ride.

I have used 5 different brands and get the same results(close to) in mileage.  I don't think brand matters on longevity.

Just because I get 3,000miles out of pilot powers(front and rear) doesn't mean that's all you'll get out of them.  Many guys/gals on the board get over 7,500 miles out of their pilot powers, difference is in how you ride.
I Couldn't Have Said It Better!

I got 5500 out of my original stock rear. Could have gone a bit longer too. All roads around here are straight as can be...if there were twisties a thousand more would be possible since more of the tire would be used instead of the just the center.
From all the previous threads on this topic I think 5K to 6K is average for the stock BT56. As others have mentioned, there's a million factors affecting tire life even for normal street riding. If a rider doesn't do track time and is getting less than 2000 miles then there's something seriously wrong.
Of course squid antics like burn outs are the #1 factor but some that never seem to get mentioned:
Rider is morbidly obese.
Rider doesn't know how to maintain correct air pressure.
Tires were never balanced correctly.
Rear tire is out of alignment.
Rebound dampening needs to be tweaked for riders weight.
Material used to make the roads. Somewhere I read that roads made with an upper layer of crushed coral are hell on tires.
Where I live in the country they started a new process about 3 years ago on the less traveled side roads. The new pavement is made of a fine gravel, it looks and feels just like 80 grit sand paper right after it's layed and it's quite loose. After a few weeks the gravel cures solid and they paint the lines. I go out of my way to avoid these roads! Oddly after 6 months or so they smooth out and look like regular roads.

I've gotten close to 10k miles on my pilot powers, not bad given the Busa is my daily commuter(throw in some canyon riding also)

Stock BT-56 Rear - 4600 miles
BT-020 - At 4000 miles and counting. But not much life left.
Original front at 8600 miles.

About 5000+ on my Pilot Roads so far. The front is about to the wear bars and the rear has over 1000 miles left if I am lucky...Gonna have to quit using the front brake so much..

3100 miles on my rear stock tire so far....almost ALL riding 2-up......I am at the wear bars I feel cause of the time or two I took her (the bike...not the wife) up to 170....that is when I really saw a drop in tire life...from before and after those rides.

front appears fine.

3200 miles on original B56 rear. It is at.....uh, no, beyond the wear bars. Gonna replace it soon. Front looks fine, lots of skin left.

I don't do burnies.....well, I didn't untill it got to the wearbars @ 3100 miles...(now it is easy to spin it). Good news is it is worn all the way across.....didn't waste any rubber!
tounge.gif

Pilot Powers -3,000 out of the rear and about 6,000 out of the front. No drag racing or track days, just gas in the corners on mountain roads. I have another set waiting to put on when these go bad. Are some of you sure that you are ridding BUSAS??

I got 8000 miles on a Dunlop.....

if it weren't for nails I'd get 8000 on all my tires....but I ride like a pussy. No burnouts
No wheelies...just some speed runs north of 140 mph for a spell.

these tires are to darn expensive

Got 14,700 out of last set of Bridgestone BT10's. I'm now
trying out the BT20's to see how they last. I ride to SF
daily about 114 miles round trip and once out to the lake
for some curvy stuff either Saturday/Sundays.

Back