White Lining and spliting traffic

Luvanicebum

Registered
So, Friday, coming home from Americade I ended getting stuck in about a 4 mile long string of cars during rush hour in 90+ degree in full black leathers. You better believe I split traffic and white lined it. Some people
honk as you slowly drive by (probably startled them) and this one guy in a Black Corvette actually pulled his nose out in front of me. I was 1/2 second from dragging his bitch ass out of his window by his gay hairdo and dropping some armored forearms onto his facial region, but I had to keep moving.
Some people feel such jeolousy and animosity, they actually have to thwart someone elses progress.
It's not like I was blasting through them...had both feet down ambling through...what do you think? what would you do?

Only what the law allows . not sure of the laws where u are .

Lawful and careful. It's bad enough wondering what the simple cager might do next, but a pizzed off cager is even more dangerous. Take care bro

This traffic was sitting still, no movement, and the a$$ho in question was pinned in, so he wasn't doing anything more than trying to get on my nerves.  I just HAD to get through that gridlock in 90+degrees.
Me and the bike were overheating. I dunno, I guess I'm just one of those rule breakers that gives everyone a bad name. That's my life for ya. If it's paved it's fair game. Haven't had a ticket or accident in 20 years, so I'm doing something right.

I would have done the same. Can't let my baby burn up. give him the "what's up" sign next time

Tempting fate are we? not so much doing something right, just haven't been in the right place at the wrong time. If you drive on the edge, really on the edge(does sound like you were going slow). It's not I'm never going down, it's when am I going down.

just my thoughts, been there.....the edge that is.

It's legal here in CA...or I should say the it is "Permissible" as CHP puts it
tounge.gif

We still have some haters that think if "I'm stuck in this shid...you're not going to pass ME"
sad.gif
but for the most part the cagers accept it
beerchug.gif

Sounds like you did it safely, just not sure if its legal in your state.

(Luvanicebum @ Jun. 10 2007,12:56) So, Friday, coming home from Americade I ended getting stuck in about a 4 mile long string of cars during rush hour in 90+ degree in full black leathers.  You better believe I split traffic and white lined it.  Some people
honk as you slowly drive by (probably startled them) and this one guy in a Black Corvette actually pulled his nose out in front of me.  I was 1/2 second from dragging his bitch ass out of his window by his gay  hairdo and dropping some armored forearms onto his facial region, but I had to keep moving.  
Some people feel such jeolousy and animosity, they actually have to thwart someone elses progress.
It's not like I was blasting through them...had both feet down ambling through...what do you think?  what would you do?
What the H was up with Friday  
all_coholic.gif
Same crap happened to me! But i got a lane splitting ticket out of it! And the Leo didn't even see me do it. Down the shoulder just to keep her out of the red. I will do it again. You got no choice  
crazy.gif

beerchug.gif

I do it too, very slowly, mostly so I can check for the fuzz. I also do it at red lights when 3 cagers spread across all 3 lanes to wait on a light.

I'VE DONE IT SEVERAL TIMES. SORRY FOR GETTING IN FRONT OF YOU, BUT MY BIKE & AZZ WAS GETTING HOTTTT!!!!!!!
guns.gif

(fasttoys1 @ Jun. 10 2007,10:51) Tempting fate are we? not so much doing something right, just haven't been in the right place at the wrong time. If you drive on the edge, really on the edge(does sound like you were going slow). It's not I'm never going down, it's when am I going down.

just my thoughts, been there.....the edge that is.
I understand the theory.
That's why I dress in full Vanson Leathers
reinforced boots and gloves. Limiting my exposure
risks doesn't guarentee me survival in an accident, but it certainly increases the odds of walking away.

I always wondered why the State highway department doesn't extend the guardrail system to the ground.
seems they left the posts open there.....just for us bikers.

I thought that I wouldn't do it but after a couple of mornings getting to work late, I tried it and haven't stopped since. I know its not the best thing we as bikers can do, but I'm riding my bike for the freedom of the face in the wind and the idea of getting around traffic, I don't have any plans to stop.  
race.gif

(Luvanicebum @ Jun. 10 2007,13:13) This traffic was sitting still, no movement, and the a$$ho in question was pinned in, so he wasn't doing anything more than trying to get on my nerves. I just HAD to get through that gridlock in 90+degrees.
Me and the bike were overheating. I dunno, I guess I'm just one of those rule breakers that gives everyone a bad name. That's my life for ya. If it's paved it's fair game. Haven't had a ticket or accident in 20 years, so I'm doing something right.
People are funny and even sitting still there dangerous. Doors do open.

I'm not knocking you or your riding, just asking ya to be careful.

Hopefully the '08 will address the overheating in traffic.

(8Daytona8 @ Jun. 10 2007,15:flamethrowing:)
(Luvanicebum @ Jun. 10 2007,12:56) So, Friday, coming home from Americade I ended getting stuck in about a 4 mile long string of cars during rush hour in 90+ degree in full black leathers. You better believe I split traffic and white lined it. Some people
honk as you slowly drive by (probably startled them) and this one guy in a Black Corvette actually pulled his nose out in front of me. I was 1/2 second from dragging his bitch ass out of his window by his gay hairdo and dropping some armored forearms onto his facial region, but I had to keep moving.
It's not like I was blasting through them...had both feet down ambling through...what do you think? what would you do?
What the H was up with Friday
all_coholic.gif
Same crap happened to me! But i got a lane splitting ticket out of it! And the Leo didn't even see me do it. Down the shoulder just to keep her out of the red. I will do it again. You got no choice
crazy.gif
beerchug.gif
If in fact he didn't see you and he wrote the ticket, then go to court.
wink.gif

Also be especially careful in the emergency lanes. Those rear tires that are short lived anyway have a knack for collecting the bad shid left in that lane.

I do it ocassionally when it is safe to do so, and I was pulled over for it about two weeks ago, the officer looked over my paperwork as I sat there with the keys on the mirror so he could see I was not going to run. He was very respectful and polite and told me take it easy and not to let the bike get me into trouble, returned my license and we both went on about our day. If it is safe to do it I will continue to do so.

Back