Which turbo and trim do you use?

IG.

Registered
Hello there 2002. I am double-oh-seven. LOL Not sure what do you mean by "trim". I've got Hahn Stage 1 kit, a complete sleeper - all hidden inside.

Hello there 2002. I am double-oh-seven. LOL Not sure what do you mean by "trim". I've got Hahn Stage 1 kit, a complete sleeper - all hidden inside.
Nice to meet you agent. Lol. I was referring to compressor wheel and the exhaust a/r trims .48 .63 .86 etc. I have a ITS turbo kit(out of business) with most of of the parts hidden and a muffler. I need another turbo and am considering a garret dual bb turbo, so i could use some help with the trim.

Moparict

Donating Member
Registered
I'm running a TO4E 50 Trim Stage II with a .48 exhaust housing. Spools up very fast and makes good power. I'm set up around 325hp at 16psi. It's been a good street strip turbo. I have no turbo lag.

I'm running a TO4E 50 Trim Stage II with a .48 exhaust housing. Spools up very fast and makes good power. I'm set up around 325hp at 16psi. It's been a good street strip turbo. I have no turbo lag.
I was in between thr .48 or .63. Im leaning more towards the .48 now.
Is your turbo journal or bb? Thanks for the info!

Moparict

Donating Member
Registered
It's a journal bearing turbo. With the modern technology, you won't find too much difference in spool rate between journal and bb. My turbo goes positive at 4K RPM's.

Moparict is right. Im going for street/strip. Mostly a street turbo and the strip everynow and then. I talked to my tuner and he said he coul get a duall bb turbonetics that would start spool at 3600rpm and be in the mid to upper hp range for 1600 installed and tuned. I think thats an awsome deal.