Autotune mod - trim table

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
I am slowly figuring out how to use the autotune feature with the PCV. I loaded my old map back in which helped out tremendously...and added the AFR table per dynojets map suggestions.

I can now see the AFR numbers moving in the single column on the right under the RPMs but I have not been able to see any changes recorded on the trim table yet.

As far as I can tell, I should be able to tell what the trim numbers are to make the proper adjustments~?~

Interested in how your tuning goes. Are you using a dyno or just trying to tune on the street.

Last edited:
Dyno would be better of course.

I am attempting to learn a little more about tuning my own bike and being a little more independent in this area...this looks like a good way, but I have not been able to move the trim tables without manually typing something into them.

The instructions are not very clear at all in this area. I emailed Dynojet and they said to use their preset AFR tables which I did but they did not mention how to use the trim table.

Googled another site and they said the trim tables should automatically rate themselves and you can accept these tables into your current map if you want to do so, however...they have not moved yet that I see.

Bumpity bump bump bumpity bump bump

watch that AFR go

Bumpity bump bump bumpity bump bump

to fix my trim, who would know

This is strange.
2 days later no one here has direct specific expertise with this ?

Outlaw I see you say you emailed them but do you know they have live online asst as well ?
These folks are usually more tech savvy because the need is instant not giving time for research or retrun emails ?
I had a bit of problem just figuring out PC V when I got it.
Email got cookie cutter returns and nada.
Then I saw live link with people there now.
Got what I wanted cuz thru conversation you can nail them down to the specific need you have.

May work ?

Yeppas, I'll give that a try Blanca, thanks for the info...been running ragged the last few days and haven't had time for the phone yet...

Was hoping to get something that I could print out and walk through, but...

Keep us posted, I'd like to hear how this goes. I wish I wasn't such a chicken messing with stuff like that. I'm always afraid I'll blow something up.

Yeppas, I'll give that a try Blanca, thanks for the info...been running ragged the last few days and haven't had time for the phone yet...

Was hoping to get something that I could print out and walk through, but...

NOT PHONE
Live operator online on their website in instant chat box.
In the live online help they give you you can have them email you a transcript of convo ?
Ask them exactly what you want , if the one online doesnt know he will be obligated to find out now not later cuz you will be on other end :whistle:

yeah mine dont move either, did the sensor check they have on the instructions and that came up ok but everything sits on 0 got side tracked and havnt revisited it - be keen to know if you fond anything out a well, docs that come with the kit are ****e and dont help

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:
:cheerleader:It's working~!~:cheerleader:
:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

I finally figured it out~!!~

After doing a little research (actually a lot) I stumbled across some information pertaining to the plugs that are included with the PCV and autotune. Evidently, there is a particular plastic plug that is in the box that has a jumper in it for the extra port. Without this jumper the unit is rendered inoperable.

I grabbed one of the standard rubber plugs shown in the picture instead of the plastic one and therefore the bridge is not connected.

I don't know that the directions covered this (who needs directions right:laugh: just kidding, I actually did follow the directions but they were quite slim on how to operate certain functions), but if they did who would have thought...I along with many others grabbed the plug that fit~?~

Anyway, I see that Dynojet research is talking now about making these plastic plugs orange and placing them in a bag by themselves with a sticker saying it has to be the one that is used...evidently the majority of customers have used the rubber plug and can not get there unit to work~!~

Hope this helps some, I have received quite a few PM's on this from people who have not been able to see any numbers populating :beerchug:

I put about 400 miles on it today and so far seems to be working great~!~

100_1989.jpg

Last edited:
Hope you don't mind, but I might bump this a couple days so the ones having this issue might see the fix...

I have the pcV with the brocks dual and their downloaded map. I've been looking into the Autotune. You just have to get someone to open the o2 sensor mount right.

I have the pcV with the brocks dual and their downloaded map. I've been looking into the Autotune. You just have to get someone to open the o2 sensor mount right.

Actually, I just got a drill bit the same size as the sensor end and drilled out the bung that is already in the Brocks exhaust. If your exhaust doesn't have the bung the kit comes with one you can have welded on.

It is a very close fit, and you need to be very careful when drilling not to get the threads in the bung~!~

Last edited:
a freakin little plug was screwing it up :banghead: I loose my mind over those kinds of little things. Glad you got it worked out. So how far off was your tune? Are you heading to Maxton this coming weekend? I wanna see you bust 200 consistantly :cheerleader:

We are planning on heading down this weekend, hopefully running a few mph better than last time...

Top end didn't seem to be far off at all, only making slight +2 or -2 changes which was good. Mid range had one square that changed 12. 2% throttle was not mapped at all over 4000 rpms and it added +30 in about 5 squares at 2% throttle. I figure that must be deacceleration only. Over 5% throttle though made much smaller changes.

There is a dyno near Maxton. I would like to have them make a pass to see how close the mixture is, don't know if I'll have time with inspections on Friday (they close at 5:00)...we'll see

I used the Dynojet recommended settings running an AFR of 13.2 until the higher rpm's then run around 13 on top end

Kevin got some MR12 we are going to try this time...I'm sure that might throw the map around a bit, but kinda what it's for I guess~!~

He's going to manually tune his Friday night through his ECU editer, I'm hoping mine will do ok itself

+'s and -'s for each system...ECU editer has SO much more you can do, and it even tells you where you are lean or rich, but it's all manual.
I probably would have gone with that system if I had known more about it at the time, but I'm digging further and further into this one now and will stick with it for a while~!~

Last edited:
Once you swap out to some bigger cams that head work you had done should come to life. You'll have plenty of experience with the DJbox so you'll be ahead of the game when it comes to tunning it. :thumbsup:

I'll see you guys Friday! :beerchug:

Back