Which saddle bags are best for us?

mrcllusb

Registered
If i add saddle bags,like the tourmaster cortech sport bags,wouldn't my wife end up sitting on the straps? Or do the straps go under the rear seat.I know i'm gonna need saddle bags,and i'm trying to figure out which would be best for us.I'm going with the tobin front seat,but corbin rear seat with backrest for my wife.

I just dont think you can do a aftermarket exhaust you would have to check to be sure.. But i think that is what i heard . No you dont have to sit on straps you can put them under seat but i leave them on top and my son sits on them says he dont even feel them..

Yeah i checked out the corbin beetle bags..They do look great.Guess i could do those and get a pair of slipons..:)How hard are they to install Ken?

<!--EDIT|mrcllusb
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143345760 -->

Sir-

I bought Nelson Rigg after seeing and getting responses to a similiar post I submitted last year.
Very nice quality and not very expensive. They will allow room for a pipe as well if you are so inclined.

Corso

I have the oxford paniers

http://www.lockitt.com/OXlugHumpbackPannierspic.htm
pansilverJS.jpg

<!--EDIT|atticdog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143510644 -->

Beetle bags are very easy to install, 15 mins per side initial, 5 minutes to remove or put on after. They are hands down awesome.
I was hoping to get someone to make a 3rd box, trunk sort of, that matches the sidebags. Very cool. I have no know-how for that, have to find someone that knows glass.

If i add saddle bags,like the tourmaster cortech sport bags,wouldn't my wife end up sitting on the straps? Or do the straps go under the rear seat.I know i'm gonna need saddle bags,and i'm trying to figure out which would be best for us.I'm going with the tobin front seat,but corbin rear seat with backrest for my wife.
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/27/

Then buy any givi bag and you'll have useable space.
click it now

If you decide not to spend the $1000 for Corbin hard luggage, for soft bags, I've got about 20,000+ miles of traveling with the RKA expandable saddlebags. The straps can be placed over or under the seat, although I normally travel with the rear hump on... & a Geza ProStretch Cover gets stored inside the hump with Ig's hump mod.

I like the RKA bags b/c they are all black, no ricky racer graphics, just all business. Nothing fancy, just good saddlebags. Plus I like saddlebags b/c I can take them off when I get home.

http://www.rka-luggage.com

800-CarmelValleyRd.jpg

TitlowHillRd1-800.jpg

I really liked the looks of the H&B's over there at Twisted Throttle, however, I allready have a CorTech nylon Tail Bag, so I'm thinking those black nylon RK's would match closely in look's, and be a whole lot easier on the wallet ! How much did the RK's cost ? Never mind, I see $171.00 Thank's...

Steve.

<!--EDIT|WildMonkey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144103068 -->

I really liked the looks of the H&B's over there at Twisted Throttle, however, I allready have a CorTech nylon Tail Bag, so I'm thinking those black nylon RK's would match closely in look's, and be a whole lot easier on the wallet !  How much did the RK's cost ?   Never mind, I see $171.00 Thank's...

Steve.
Come up with a way to keep the soft bags off your paint. I'd use something like a tank slapper or helicopter tape. The built in pads will still scratch if you get dirt in there.

I really liked the looks of the H&B's over there at Twisted Throttle, however, I allready have a CorTech nylon Tail Bag, so I'm thinking those black nylon RK's would match closely in look's, and be a whole lot easier on the wallet !  How much did the RK's cost ?   Never mind, I see $171.00 Thank's...

Steve.
Come up with a way to keep the soft bags off your paint. I'd use something like a tank slapper or helicopter tape.  The built in pads will still scratch if you get dirt in there.
Yep, and the same with any tankbag.  Unless you have a (Bagster) tanks bra with quick disconnecting tabs to hold its matching tank bag. Another cool part about the bagster is that you dont have to remove the bag totally when filling up. Just push the two rear locking pins and tilt it foward. Voila
1379N.jpg

803C1.jpg

This what I use with my $94 Nelson Riggs saddle bags which by the way can hold a 80"x60"x5" air mattress in one side, and a Ren Tech bike rack. And if I want to get real serious, I could add a tailbag for addition carry room
DSC02469.jpg

I second Pashnit's recommendation. I took the two RKA saddlebags plus a Ventura rack pack plus the wife on a 5 day 2000 mile roundtrip to the south of France. We deliberately avoided all motorways except for the first half of day one when it poured solidly with rain. Using the RKA stormcovers, nothing in the bags got wet at all. They were rock solid!

I also have the corbin rear seat for the wife with the upright back to it. I chose the RKA bags because they fitted nicely with the corbin and the Ventura rack pack. The misses had no trouble getting on/off after a couple of practise attempts. ;-)

The Beetlebags look great, but I don't think they have the same capacity as the RKA, and you probably won't get a tail pack to fit... but they presumably do have the security advantages of hard luggage.

Mike.

Loaded down with my Nelson Riggs saddlebags, SBK series.

DSC02691.jpg

DSC02688.jpg

DSC02687.jpg

RhythmzTourBike3.jpg

RhythmzTourbike2.jpg

Back