Saddle bags?

javie

Registered
Hey guys, I figured I'm bored and going to skip school for a week to go to the mountains in colorado so what kinda saddle bags would you guys reccommend? Keep in mind im a poor A$$ college kid
sad.gif
I won't be taking too much stuff either, prob just some clothes, i'd take a backpack but long distance that would probably suck. Any reccomendations would be excellent!

(Rhythm @ Sep. 20 2007,17
zzwhip.gif
) You going to get all kinds of responses on this one playa but here the brand I'm using with great success.

Heres there new line of products.

http://www.nelsonrigg.com/
Agree  . Good bags at bargain price .

I bought the new part number C1000 from newenough.com and think they were 68.00 to my door .

The strap is adjustable and long enough to fit under the rear seat so the passenger don't have to sit on it .

Wow Rhythm thats the same setup as I got bags that is.. Going to check them out for the first time next week.. Headed for the Bash on Thursday morning..
super.gif

Man your Busa is setup nice..
bowdown.gif

I use tourmaster which I picked up at a pawn shop years ago. not the prettiest out there, but does the job. just went to durango, co last week, got back tuesday. took the tourmasters and filled my back pack, then put my sleeping bag / tent through the arm straps and bungie net/ ratchet strapped the whole thing to the rear seat. 1900 miles total trip, no problems. check the pawn shops, may get lucky.

(DR1300R @ Sep. 20 2007,14:14) Wow Rhythm thats the same setup as I got bags that is.. Going to check them out for the first time next week.. Headed for the Bash on Thursday morning..
super.gif

Man your Busa is setup nice..
bowdown.gif
Great Minds think alike and have a safe trip Doyle.
wink.gif

Also don't forget to let me know everything turned out about what we talked about earlier, good luck?

My bud has an SV1000 and found this tail bag that has a base that replaces the seat, then you zip the bag onto that.

Does anyone know who makes that and whether they make one for the 'busa or not?

I'm not into having any luggage touch the paint anywhere, if I get saddlebags, I'll make brackets to keep them off the paint completely and forgo the tank bag.

Blue1

(Blue1 @ Sep. 25 2007,05:53) My bud has an SV1000 and found this tail bag that has a base that replaces the seat, then you zip the bag onto that.  

Does anyone know who makes that and whether they make one for the 'busa or not?

I'm not into having any luggage touch the paint anywhere, if I get saddlebags, I'll make brackets to keep them off the paint completely and forgo the tank bag.

Blue1
No problem here and I've got some serious mileage with these babies, oh did I mention come with an attached foam sleeve insert to protect your plastic.

The rear rack does help to keep the saddlebags leveled laterally when carrying a heavy load.

RhythmzTourBike3.jpg

Same goes for my tank bag (no paint touching)!!!

DSC02688.jpg

When I use throw over bags for a trip I use a mesh material from Oxford under the bags so it won't mar the paint!

Going on 4th season with the Cortech. Good for the price. Rain covers not so good.

IMG_0004a.JPG

Back