Which Mod. would you do..

PocketRocket

Donating Member
Registered
My Busa Brothers ,what would you do? If you had $1500ish and wanted to mod. the Busa would you buy a Head from ( APE) etc.. Or buy aluminum rims and Possibly lose some weight off the bike?? Would there be a BIG difference in weight B/t the factory rims and the Aluminum ?..Anyome have a close guess on the difference? .. My Bike already has the basic Mods. Yoshi cams & exhaust, Air-box, Power commander, NOS, etc.. Thanks PR
muscle.gif

All I can say is, when I put my Carrozerria USA wheels on, it helped the suspension(same demands from road are dealt with more efficiently than OEM due to unsprung weight/pre existing suspension liability), handling improved significantly(flickability), obvious bling factor, and I think even braking(seat of pants guess). Well worth the investment.
Raydog

P1000106.JPG

Thanks Guys ..
rock.gif
? We shall see.. How ya been DR??? I'm sooo confused " which way should I go?? NUK NUK NUK later
argue.gif

(PocketRocket @ Jun. 20 2007,03:12) the Busa would you buy a Head from ( APE) etc.. Or buy aluminum rims and Possibly  lose some weight off the bike??    
HP is the great equalizer . Set-up to use it all helps .

Assuming you can do the labor , undercut trans so an electric shifter can be used . Retime your Yosh cams and buy additional NOS goodies to include a heavier dose of it ,

gets my vote in your situation at least .

and buy a spare cylinder head  
smile.gif

I always end up with the same kind of dilema's!!!! never enough money for both!!!

I end up always leaning to items that are functional over style. Yes, wheels do help things all around but I still view them more as a show item. I guess that's why I haven't swapped mine yet. Every time I get close I think.. well I could get wheels OR.... ceramic bearings, more tunning time, more sprockets, chains, tires... then I never end up getting the wheels.... some day though

good luck with your decision

<span style='color:royalblue'></span><span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Wheels will be most noticable.</span>

Wheels will show a HUGE difference in the way your bike rides and handles. Makes your bike feel 100lbs lighter. Cylinder head is for finding that last bit of HP and it looks like you have a way to go on your motor before you would really see the improvements the cylinder head would give you. Plus you can always remove your wheels and sell them to recoup some money if you sell your bike, whereas you would lose the head money.

Back