Hayabusa Rims

PocketRocket

Donating Member
Registered
Hey It might be a stupid question, But I was just reading an add on Ebay and they were say'in that they chrome The factory aluminum rims.... Whats the factory rims made of?? ( I thought it was steel) I was wanting some aluminum ( polished rims ) for the weight reasons . So is there a Huge difference? I'm try'in to justify weight to HP. in $$$ More HP or less weight for the buck... And some Bling on the bike.. Any thoughts??? AND If I do go with some Polished Rims is there a place to get a good deal.. The ones on ebay were $1500.oo Looked real good..& came with everything except a rotor... Thanks PR
argue.gif

I'd go chrome. Polish takes too much elbow grease to shine up. I learned that crap the hard way. Less $$$, but more sweat

post_49_74874_new_shoes__5_.jpg

(PocketRocket @ Jul. 10 2007,19:14) Hey It might be a stupid question, But I was just reading an add on Ebay and they were say'in that they chrome The factory aluminum rims....  Whats the factory rims made of?? ( I thought it was steel)   I was wanting some aluminum ( polished rims ) for the  weight  reasons .   So is there a Huge difference?   I'm try'in to justify weight to HP. in $$$   More HP or less weight for the buck... And some Bling on the bike.. Any thoughts???   AND If I do go with some Polished  Rims  is there a place to get a good deal.. The ones on ebay were  $1500.oo  Looked real good..& came with everything except a rotor...  Thanks PR      
argue.gif
cHROME IS NICE A LITTLE HEAVIER THOUGH. Polished wheels are almost the same weight as the stock. Only real weigh loss in wheels is CF.

I read somewhere that the Hayabusa wheels from the factory were $1,300 from a 2 year old artical. There might be someone on here who has extra wheels (since they replaced theirs with custom wheels) for a low $$$$  
beerchug.gif

Yep, I see that the foctory wheels are aluminum now.. I was under the impression they were steel...( I'm a newbee) I was wanting to gain some whiplash by losing the weight and have some bling thats different.. My wheels are chromed & if I'm not going to gain anything by switching them I will work on the HP gains instead... LEE's NC here I come!!! Thanks for all the info guys .. I do appreciate it!!
bowdown.gif
PR

Back