• Go-Pro HD HERO 1080P

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Other. Leave suggestions below.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
So I am thinking about a new camera. The one I have just is not cutting it for what I want. I am torn between a Go-Pro or the Sony DSC-HX9V.

DSC-HX9V/B | Cyber-shot® Digital Camera HX9V | Sony | Sony Style USA

Motorsport Racing On Board Camera: HD Motorsports HERO

I know the cameras are quite different... I want one that takes steller pictures which the Sony would give me but I cant just attach it to the bike for action shots..... I am kind of leaning towards to Gopro HD HERO 1080p...

If you have another suggestion in that price range let me know.

People have had issues with vibration and shock mounting cameras to bikes. The GoPro is proven technology. I was lucky to get mine for $200.00 from memory from O.com.

06+5Bussa has the HD 1080 GoPro with the 8 gig card, I think it holds 40 minutes. He can give you the details, but I know it takes crystal clear still pictures and video. It also sticks great to the tank with the suction cup mount. I was amazed at how good the videos were, and the sound is very good too.

The new Contour HD is fully waterproof, and $200 for the loaded one. I'd check into that. It records audio WAY better than the GoPro. I'd look into it. Pashnit should have 'em.

06+5 (Mark) His son have the go pro I use to have. Its not HD but does pretty good. Here is a Vid I took with. I think he wants to sell it. You might PM him about it
- YouTube[/url] It takes pretty good pics also just not very large. I use a Nikon D3100 now and it has Vid on it also. I feel sure it would do well on a bike its just a little big

Last edited by a moderator:
06+5 (Mark) His son have the go pro I use to have. Its not HD but does pretty good. Here is a Vid I took with. I think he wants to sell it. You might PM him about it
- YouTube[/url] It takes pretty good pics also just not very large. I use a Nikon D3100 now and it has Vid on it also. I feel sure it would do well on a bike its just a little big
Austin got the one Mark was using from ebay, it is the HD, and much clearer than that one.

Hey Mark, post one of your curve videos from the other day. The picture and audio are great on the gopro hd.

Last edited by a moderator:
gopro...

i had the moto comm camera before that and the video was terrible,bought the gopro and the video quality is awesome..

i bought the 32 gig sd card and the battery bacpack for it,,can get around 5 hrs of video from that...

and the gopro has alot of addon mounts so you can mount it almost anywhere...

on alot of tv shows the use the gopro so thats tellin ya the quality of the camera video..

when recording in 960p you get a tall picture (what i use most) and 1080p you get a widescreen picture

my vote is definately gopro...

GoProHD for any kind of onboard video stuff. I've had mine for a couple of years now, no problems. 8GB card will hold over an hour of 720P 30fps video, and battery life is about the same. Audio is amazingly good when mounted out in the bike slip stream.
Camera mounted on the base of the windscreen..

Back