Where to mount gauges

I personally like the new PMR guage cluster. They've got good pics in the site sponsor section. I does require you to switch to their triple clamps however. I'll be buying a set soon. I'll be using it for a fuel pressure guage and a Zeitronix digital guage. The digital guage is pretty cool. It displays AFR, EGT, TPS, and Boost. I'll post pics after I leave work. I have limited access on the internet while I'm here.

I have a dumb question.  If the boost and fuel flow are set, why do you need gauges?
BOOST: I'ts nice to see when your at your prescribed level on your tack. Also it's good to make sure your not getting any "boost creep"

FUEL PRESSURE: If it for some reason drops you'll run lean and pow there goes your engine. Or if it rises "fouled plugs"

I would use these gages as well as "AFR" gage for a heads up possible problem.

I have a dumb question.  If the boost and fuel flow are set, why do you need gauges?
boost creep is a bit_ch....and i had a fuel line callaspe before could have easily destroyed my engine...i have too much invested in the motor to be taking chances, and i don't monitor fuel i log it for tuning purpose..my gauges display afr and boost, but i could monitor fuel if i want to...

BOOST: I'ts nice to see when your at your prescribed level on your tack. Also it's good to make sure your not getting any "boost creep"

FUEL PRESSURE: If it for some reason drops you'll run lean and pow there goes your engine. Or if it rises "fouled plugs"

I would use these gages as well as "AFR" gage for a heads up possible problem.
thumb_up.gif

i'm using this mount with two innovative XD16 digital gauges, one shows AFR the other VACUUM/BOOST, but they can be programmed to display any channel i'm logging..AFR,RPM,TPS,DUTY CYCLE,VAC/BOOST,AND FUEL PRESSURE...
the xd16 gauge is not very water resistant. be careful not to get them wet........[/quote]
you are correct, was trying to find some kind of clear flexable rubber booth that i could fit over them.

How did you mount these?
I'm pretty sure the small digital ones have an adhesive back but that looks like they might have been been glued on with silicone. I hear Goop silicone has excellent strength. Leave a glob sticking out so you can grab it with pliers and roll it off. It seems possible the gauge might be damaged if you ripped it off. GE silicone is very strong but it will loose adhesion after several years which might be better than Goop if you want to remove the gauges.

I'm pretty sure the small digital ones have an adhesive back but that looks like they might have been been glued on with silicone. I hear Goop silicone has excellent strength. Leave a glob sticking out so you can grab it with pliers and roll it off. It seems possible the gauge might be damaged if you ripped it off. GE silicone is very strong but it will loose adhesion after several years which might be better than Goop if you want to remove the gauges.
I have the same setup. 2 dynotune rectangle gauges like that. I put a tad bit of gorilla glue on them and they are solid as a rock... The velcro dang sure doesn't cut it.. Taking them off may be a interesting feat but I don't see any reason to for a while atleast...

Back