Where are your gauges mounted?

BUSA GHOSTRIDER

Registered
So I'm gettin ready to mount up my A/F, Boost, and Fuel Pressure gauge. I would love to see some pics of what you guys have done and what your favorite configuration looks like.

Post up some pics of your dash!! I'm in need of some inspiration!!

I found this link pretty helpful, but thought that some of you may have come up with some more. Where do you have your fuel and/or boost gauges mounted?

I personally like this one, but am worried about the vibration and also clearance of the brake and clutch reservoir. Not sure if I want to go experimenting or take the safe way out and buy the Tiger Racing tripple mount. What do you think ? ? ? ?

DSCF1061.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone actually look at their gauges when going WOT? Shouldn't you be paying 100% attention on the road when hauling @ss?

The way those gauges are mounted look great though

Mounting the fuel pressure gauge so far away from the regulator causes lot of fluctuations in pressure readings because removing air from the line is difficult since the gauges don't flow through. If there is air the reading will not be accurate. Mounting it directly to the regulator eliminates any problems. This is important especially if your running a fmu regulated system. Maybe two gauges would be best, one to set the system pressures (regulator mounted) and another for detecting pressure drops. The problem with the later is by the time you've noticed the drop, you may have already done damage. The optimal solution would be an electronic gauge with an visual alarm notifying you of the pressure drops.

Maybe some experts have a better solution.:poke:

Does anyone actually look at their gauges when going WOT? Shouldn't you be paying 100% attention on the road when hauling @ss?

The way those gauges are mounted look great though

Ha! I thought the same thing when I took my busa out the first time after the turbo install was done, my friend asked...how did the A/F look? I was like wtf? I dont know, I was so worried about keeping the front end down and staying on the road...yeah I only look at the guages once in a while on a log slow pull, start at like 40 in 6th and just start pressing the bike accelerates "slow" enough for me to get a good reading...or I just stick it on the dyno.

I have the Tiger two peice gauge holder like Guy poster and love it. I didnt even know they had one that held three:thumbsup:: looks like I need to order one

Back