Where to get Hayabusa Gen 2 - fuel filter cartridge - fuel mesh filter?

GIXERHP, I got my bike in the shop for other work. However, if I want to take out the Fuel Pump and clean out the fuel mesh filter, how hard of a job is this? Anyone done this before? If you get the fuel pump out, what chemical or liquid would you want to use to clean the mesh filter with and get the fuel pump clean? Anyone done this. GIXERHP, I am thinking 12,000 miles. Would sea foam work to do this? Suggestions, I had some hesitations/die at over 100 MPH when I hit the throttle, I was thinking this. Shop is doing other things they think was the problem like a oxygen sensor and issue with that and the Power Commander 3 that is on the bike. However, if I get the bike back and it is the fuel pump/fuel mesh filter, I wanted to clean it. Thoughts?

Thanks....all that respond.

I would like to do the same thing. But my issue is different, I got my buss last year is a 2008 and only had like 200+ miles on it. My bike does not die like yours but I feel the lack when hit around 8000 rpm. I took it to a mechanic and he told me it could be the fuel pump since the bike was sitting for many years. I would like to find out the same thing as you.

Try a couple of tanks with Techron first. I was using Seafoam and my bike did not run welll with it in the tank. She would miss on the top end from about 9000 on. One tank of techron and she smoothed right out. Fuel pump is not hard but it is a bit complicated. I got some bad gas in Colorado and did the dissassembly and flush. Follow the instructions in the service manual. Clearances are minimal when removing it out of the tank. Be very careful on the disassembly because some of the parts are plastic, can break easily and are very expensive. Remove the sending unit so you don't break it while handling the pump. The fuel filter sits in a well and you have to rock it back and forth to get it out of the well. I used carb cleaner to flush out the filter and clean off the screen which is actually made of some kind of fabric. Do not try to remove the fuel pressure regulator from the filter. I put the straw for the carb cleaner in the output and wrapped it with a cloth to seal it off and flushed away. Some grey gook came out and she was good to go.

Gunk and grit (courtesy of bad fuel) can accumulate in the in-tank fuel strainer, causing loss of power at high Rpms. My bike had so much dirt in the fuel strainer after 6k miles, that it resembled dark chocolate :laugh: It's a fairly straight forward job to remove the pump and take out the strainer which sits in the cup. Replacing the fuel strainer with a new one is a cheap & efficient option, better than cleaning and reusing it (if it is majorly fouled up, as mine was). I bought a pair from "New Intank Strainer for Suzuki EFI Fuel Pumps 1997 2012 15420 24FB0 | eBay", as 2 cost the same as 1 (free shipping)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back