Fuel Pump / Filter

bluesilver

Registered
Hi, I am in the process of cleaning the fuel pump / filter on my 2010 Busa.
Just a few question regarding cleaning the filters.
I have found the one that sort of resembles a tea bag ( squarish one that sits inside the metal housing)
Apparently i have heard that there is also a second filter located somewhere that is a fine mesh one.

This is the one that i am having trouble locating, i can see what looks like a whit plastic part that could be a filter on the top of the pump ( if the tea bag filter is on the bottom of the pump)
So far i have not been able to get this little whit piece to move, so not sure if this is the filter or not.

If anyone can hep me out with locating this second fine mesh filter it would b appreciated.
I also think that the main filter is inside that sealed plastic housing, is this correct, and that a lot of people are doing the mod of drilling a hole to by pas the filter inside the molded plastic housing and using an external filter.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

The Tea bag on the bottom IS NOT the FILTER.
On 08 and up the filter is in the white plastic housing at the top of the pump assembly! It is the same as the black one on the 01 to 07 models!

Cheers, Sorry i might have confused a few with my question here.
I realise that the large white plastic housing is the main filter and is a sealed unit.
I found a small white plastic housing at the top of the pump assembly, ( the pump is out of the housing)
The part that i am referring to is, at the top of the pump (opposite end of the tea bag filter) (the part that slides up into the main Filter assembly),
On the end of this part of the pump is a small white plastic piece just inside the pump housing,
Is this a small filter or not?
I have tried picking it out with some small o ring tools but no luck.
Is there any other filters that need to be cleaned on this unit apart from that tea bag one?
Sorry for the basic questions here,
Any information is appreciated.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Back