Where does this wire clip connect to?

With all due respect, you took the wrong approach. There is no restriction on hayabusa engines, the restrictions are on the ECU itself. I see this often with sellers saying they have a ‘99 busa for sale, which is the best year due to being unrestricted. A quick internet search will help understand that someone can buy a 2020 model and spend $60-$100 to unrestricted by sending their ECU to a shop or individual that offers ECU flashing services. My 2009 and many other member’s bikes on here are unrestricted. I’m not sure on all the electrical differences, but ‘99 harness and ECU are not the exact same as your 2005.
Good catch miguel, I read that and never thought he didn't swap the ecu when doing thr engine. :thumbsup:

Ensure your 99 motor has the starter clutch upgrade.

Also look into the problems 99s had with the external fuel pump.

Lots of information on this board.

After swapping the flywheel from my 05 to this 99, the bike immediately started, thanks for the help guys.
See KML’s post above and follow link to make sure you transfer the upgraded parts from your blown motor to the ‘99.

Ensure your 99 motor has the starter clutch upgrade.

Also look into the problems 99s had with the external fuel pump.

Lots of information on this board.
See KML’s post above and follow link to make sure you transfer the upgraded parts from your blown motor to the ‘99.
Make sure you take the tensioner off the 05 engine and put it on the 99 as well.

^^^^^^^^^

These!!!

Back